Reservoir Dogs Reviews

• 3d ago

The first Tarantino's movie is a masterpiece. Reservoir Dogs is a cult movie and with it's reasons, the directing is very good, the performances are great (specially Steve Buscemi) and the soundtrack, god, the soundtrack is awesome. Excellent movie

• Jul 30, 2020

I don't buy it. Feels like a somewhat clever splatter movie with cute party music tossed in for twisted kicks. A handful of relatively colorful, presumably "professional," criminals agree to risk their lives for a heist, though we have no clue why anyone would take such personal risk, given the danger of trusting utter strangers to have your back if things go wrong, as they do. These mugs talk clever and we're supposed to think they're smart, but their judgment is so tweaked, they come off stupid, the ending rather awkwardly predictable. Along the way, Tarantino has fun with gratutitous violence, but I don't share the glee. Kudos for cooking up a fresh twist on noir, and the soundtrack and acting's good, but not good enough to justify the critics' rave reviews.

• Jul 10, 2020

A little much on the gore but the story is so interesting and the dialog so fantastic it is still a must see.

• Jun 20, 2020

No special effects, not full pack action but some good acting and a great story. Excellent movie.

• Jun 19, 2020

Solid debut by Tarantino. Stylish, violent, nonlinear storytelling, sharp dialogue -- All of the things that Tarantino would later become famous for are present in this movie. It's a pretty simple, low budget set up with many of the action scenes being more tell than show, with characters describing the centerpiece of the narrative (the robbery) without ever actually showing much of it.

• Jun 15, 2020

Reservoir Dogs is certainly not for the faint of heart. I am the faint of heart. I personally found this film to be way overrated and just couldn't stomach the violence.

• May 30, 2020

Probably my favorite film. I'm never felt so enthralled before nor since. There's just nonstop tension and it's so enticing and engaging. These are my favorite types of movies and I love them. So of course with everything seeming so perfect to me to grant me such a special and enticing experience I HAVE to give it a 10/10!

• May 29, 2020

Proof that, for some filmmakers, their best stuff is found at the beginning of their career. Reservoir Dogs is a caper-gone-wrong tale which tells of the aftermath, with flashbacks to before the heist in order to develop its characters. The must-see Tarantino flick (next would be Jackie Brown).

• May 29, 2020

to be a directorial debut it's done very well. makes you understand immediately the Tarantine style

• May 24, 2020

A really casual well orchestrated movie. I really enjoyed reservoir dogs.

A really casual well orchestrated movie. I really enjoyed reservoir dogs.