R.I.P.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

R.I.P.D. Reviews

June 17, 2017
7/10 Nice effects, some humour, overalll a simple and pleasant adventure. Not worth the low score here.
½ June 10, 2017
6/6/2017 (2): An excellent cast and good premise, but it was a miss. It felt like a knock off of MIB, and also felt thrown together in spots.
June 10, 2017
I don't even recall the plot.
June 9, 2017
We loved it. Was alot of fun to watch. If you liked Men in Black, you'll like this.
May 13, 2017
A great action flick, its an original premise, although some parallels with men-in-black it has too many differences to be compared directly. I really enjoyed Jeff Bridges character, and the whole concept of the world seeing them completely different to how they are was a good laugh. If you boil it down there are many movies that are alike, but if you approach this movie with the idea of wanting a bit of escapism and some laughs, then its quite good and does the job
½ April 29, 2017
Not as bad as I was expecting, but still nothing worthwhile. Bridges is a lot of fun, but Reynolds seems disinterested the whole movie.
March 25, 2017
hard to watch. the idea this two men look like womans for the rest of the world its not only stupid, its wrong. if they wanna have sex with humans, do they need to do it with their female bodies?
February 27, 2017
At least, it greatly inspired me to watch MIB again.
February 13, 2017
These viewers have poop taste this movie was as good a chicken tikia or vindaloo
February 4, 2017
When our sole responsibility and job is to provide peace in the world, in our homes and in ourselves. When serving and protecting to maintain peace is harder to do when those who rather prefer war. When we wish we could pause this peaceful moment like heaven forever but have to end when we again are called to serve the peace. When our new job and responsibility is to make sure even after death we are resting in peace as well others. When we are peaceful when we are truly ourselves and not hiding. When others are always warring when they prefer hiding and find no peace in themselves. When there is a hidden monster that is in people that makes peace better served when they are hidden and behind bars. When resting in peace is harder when your layered in beaucracy and have not much time before you can change it. When peace is harder when others don't see it like you do. When peace is harder to achieve when others have nothing to do when the task is impossible. When fighting for peace is harder with all the illusions in the world. When sometimes what people see as peace is conflicting even if it looks good to the naked eye. When we must now accept our fate and new life and make peace with this new life.
February 3, 2017
No Country for Old Men got a 93% on this site and that movie should have been titled "watching grass grow" and this movie gets a 13%? If you are a fan of Ryan Reynolds and/or Jeff Bridges or a fan of actual entertainment at all this movie really isn't that bad. I would say give it a shot.
January 9, 2017
Great action, enjoyable popcorn flick
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 19, 2016
Different time, different place. So you cannot actually compare RIPD with Men in Black. Oh, maybe you can and you will. In terms of budget, this obviously has the disadvantage, which is rather obvious. Jeff Bridges and Mary-Louise Parker, as charming as they may be, still can raise this to a higher level.
December 17, 2016
The Men In Black of afterlife. Good dose of adventure with a few jokes humor of the moment, but odd couple to be studied between mentor Bridges (guessed) and rookie Reynolds (even by train)
½ October 29, 2016
absolute garbage. How did Jeff Bridges get suckered into this? He's the only mildly entertaining thing about this movie. The jokes are really lazy and void of any real wit. The CGI is really bad and cartoonish. I really can't stress just how bad this movie looks. The whole movie felt like it was filmed in front of an obvious green screen. This is everything that's wrong with modern cinema. I just can't express just how terrible this movie truly is. The sad thing is is that Jeff Bridges doesn't need to make these kind of movies...Ryan Reynolds just needs to take what work he can get I guess. This makes the Green Lantern look like an Oscar winner.
September 23, 2016
=0.65MIB2+((.95Transformers3+0.05Avengers)*.35) - 0.1
½ September 12, 2016
Stupidest Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds movie yet. Don't watch it
September 11, 2016
odd, neat concept / deliverables = underwhelming, casually racist humour + meh CGI. brought back that Robyn circa 2007 konichiwa bitches jam but no nudity from Kevin Bacon. dis-ap-POINTED! :-|
August 29, 2016