R.I.P.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

R.I.P.D. Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
R.I.P.D Rest in Piece Department is a film that made no sense
and is a ripoff to the men in black,
The Men in black movies are not all great but frequently entertaining!
But R.I.P.D Rest in Piece Department is actually one of the worst movies i have ever seen, Ryan Reynolds has been in completely Shitty movies and Jeff Bridges is getting too old.

Score: 0.5/10
July 20, 2016
I liked it. I am a sucker for alien sci-fi flicks. loved men in black and this kinda relates.
½ July 9, 2016
This knockoff of both Men in Black and Beetlejuice lacks any of the qualities that made those movies enjoyable. The only remotely enjoyable thing is Jeff Bridges performance and he gets the only laughs but for the most part this movie is painfully unfunny, has crappy effects, and its story is a ridiculous convoluted mess
July 7, 2016
This movie may not necessarily be good, but it is a lot of fun to watch. Though, that may just be my weird sense of humor.
July 3, 2016
I don't get why evening was down on this Jeff Bridges was fantastic and the movie was pretty funny too!
July 2, 2016
R.I.P.D is hilarious and action-packed. This movie kind of reminds you of the Men in Black trilogy, but still it is a good movie. This movie also has some great actors and actresses. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 1, 2016
An easy watch for 90 mins, but nothing new and the plot ended up being ghostbusters!
½ June 30, 2016
MIB death edition w/Ryan Reynolds.
June 13, 2016
The film tries hard to be a good time, and in a way it is- but it plays too dumb. Most of the humor is juvenile and played on too long, and the plot is typical eve with the fun approach. The characters almost work, but you get tired of them by the last act. If the movie was a little smarter and more mature, it could have been a real good watch.
June 6, 2016
I found this movie to be enjoyable on some levels. I feel like it's a underrated movie and you should give it a chance.
May 27, 2016
I thought it was fun, not deep but, fun. Yes it melded a few concepts but, Bridges is worth the 90 minutes.
May 2, 2016
Jeff Bridges misunderstood and thought he signed up for True Grit 2 as he brings the only plus to this otherwise joke of a film.
April 20, 2016
Decent for what it was. Kind of stupid that ghosts were kept secret for so long, then all of a sudden they're all over the news!
½ April 19, 2016
It's a grower. Ignore the predictable plot and ending...it's a side story to the main event which is Bridges and Reynolds in a pretty decent and funny partnership. some good ideas make up the story which won't change your life but will keep you smiling till the end.
½ April 16, 2016
Decent popcorn flick. Nothing memorable.
½ April 15, 2016
Much better than the reviews. I enjoyed it on a big television. I think the reputation as a bomb is undeserved. Compared to other comic derived films, and I mean Batman Returns, and the Avenger films, R.I.P.D. was a good and enjoyable film. It moved a long with humor and excellent special effects. The stars were great. Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds, Mary Louise Parker, Kevin Bacon
I liked the film. It was jaunty and active without being insanely jumpy, the way the Spiderman films were. I am a contrarian. I think someday this films will be recognized as better than the critic said it was. It was similar to Men in Black.
The same kind of buddy film. Older and wiser and young up-and-comer. Lots of weapons, bad guys and a high tech precinct. The stars were enjoying themselves and I enjoyed watching them. I think this films should have a caught a break. It was watchable and well paced
½ April 14, 2016
Really enjoyed this film despite the bad reviews, Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds were Awesome in this
½ March 27, 2016
After reading allot of negative reviews I wasn't expecting much but I must say I really enjoyed it and found it quite entertaining, All the cast were good but Jeff Bridges steals the show, The effects were ok but a film that cost over a 100million to make they should of been better, The action scenes were good nothing new, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Same old plot in most films like this, It did kind of feel like a Men In Black film in places, The humour in the film fits in well as you would expect with a Ryan Reynolds film, Underrated and worth watching.
½ March 8, 2016
I generally enjoyed it. I wished they had upped the slapstick. The ending could have been happier.
½ February 27, 2016
So Good its Bad. Kind of a Cult Classic.