Robocop 2 Reviews

• Jan 19, 2020

While bogged down with subplots, some of which go nowhere, and not just having to live up to an '80s classic but also recycling some of the themes from it as well, RoboCop 2 nevertheless benefits from Peter Weller's performance, exciting action sequences and some funny satirical moments. Though considering that this is from the director of "The Empire Strikes Back", this cyberpunk-superhero sequel should've been better although it isn't really that bad.

• Dec 19, 2019

A satisfying sequel. Not having to present or repeat it's origin story allows RoboCop 2 to deliver much more of everything.

• Oct 27, 2019

More dystopian than the first part

More dystopian than the first part

• Sep 22, 2019

Without giving anything away there were some really memorable moments in this film. I loved it and I think that it is well worth a watch.

• Sep 12, 2019

One of the worst films I have ever seen.

One of the worst films I have ever seen.

• Aug 03, 2019

Not as good as the original but its still a entertaining past time

Not as good as the original but its still a entertaining past time

• Jul 24, 2019

It does what most sequels do... fail

It does what most sequels do... fail

• Jul 21, 2019

Really fun! Not as good as the first, but is action packed, with a fun storyline.

• Jun 26, 2019

Robocop 2 is violent like the first. But looking at it, the joke's not there. If it is, then it's watered down to absolute darkest level of humor. Robocop's only in it for half an hour at least. We are so focused on the bad guys and their plot lines that they have to shove Robocop into it to give us a sense of humanity. Old plot lines from the original? Gone. New plot lines to engage us? There's too much going on. Pretty much Robocop's in the back seat of the movie, if you get my drift. But the climax of the film, it was spot on and made it worthwhile. I'm slightly giving this the benefit of a doubt, by pushing this forward. But it was all I could do with the story of it being a mess. Whereas the first one was razor sharp in it's delivery, the second one has just enough that I would recommend it. Very slightly.

• Jun 13, 2019

Okay, so it's not even close to being as good as the original, but is it terrible on its own terms? Not really. It's dark, there's some quality humor when Robocop goes haywire and gets re-programmed, and there are a few really cool and violent action scenes. I'd give it a good review just for the part when he kills someone with a ricochet, that was badass.