Rocky V Reviews

• Sep 28, 2019

I say awesome more so to the "directors cut" of the film, while this may be a low for the original series, i feel it still marits some respect, they tried something different, it failed, and Rocky layed dormant for a couple years.

• Sep 24, 2019

Haters can eat a bowl of Adrian's spaghetti, Rocky V is a winner if a viewer can look past all the cheesiness. This film is about facing down old demons, keeping the family close, and maintaining integrity - and how important integrity truly is. My eyes even welled up from all the melodrama going on on the screen. So much talk about "having heart" throughout this movie, that eventually the movie touched mine.

• Aug 24, 2019

While the film contains some heartfelt moments, Rocky V includes some very unlikable characters, and treats the already established characters poorly compared to the predecessors. A poorly thought out script that definitely had some potential left me feeling disappointed. Overall, Rocky V has some satisfying and some entertaining moments, but is definitely the weakest in the franchise.

• Aug 07, 2019

As of August 7th, 2019, I have only seen the first five Rocky films, and this one is easily the weakest out of them. It lacks the joyous emotions of Rocky II, the thrilling action of Rocky III, the the satisfaction and excitement of Rocky IV, and, most importantly, the fantastic storytelling of the original. The original Rocky was about a poor loner with little money who learned to be a great boxer and, in doing so, almost beat the best boxer in the world. It was a great underdog story. Rocky II (my favorite in the franchise) was about Rocky settling down, getting married, living a comfortable life, and also about taking a second chance and, this time, beating the best in the world. It was an emotional, satisfying sequel that progressed the story in an interesting way. However, Rocky V is a story about Rocky having brain damage and losing his money. It was a very unsatisfying, depressing film, unlike the first four entries. However, I still enjoy it for what it is, and it has some great moments particularly Rocky's street fight with Tommy Gunn. B+ 87/100

• Aug 01, 2019

This is the first Rocky movie that was boring as fuck for me and the problem is we didn't even saw Rocky fighting in a ring

• Jul 25, 2019

Its the worst one of the franchise by far.

Its the worst one of the franchise by far.

• Jul 21, 2019

Rocky V fails on several levels, from an inconsistency of Rocky's character to a complete eye-roll finale fist fight. At times, it succeeds in exploring themes of loss, time passing, and fatherhood however, all of these are explored better in Rocky Balboa, Creed, and Creed ii. C-

• Jul 08, 2019

Rocky V has got audiences not thinking of Rocky, not even the formula.

Rocky V has got audiences not thinking of Rocky, not even the formula.

• May 20, 2019

They're all great

They're all great

• Mar 14, 2019

3/5. While Rocky V is definitely the weakest in the series, it at least does something different and is mostly entertaining.