Rubber Reviews

• 5d ago

La primera película que disfrute de Quentin Dupieux fue Rubber. La encontré en mi búsqueda de cine de terror B. Al leer que se trataba de "un caucho asesino" alucine! ¿Que tan bizarro puede ser esto? La descargue inmediatamente y al verla quede muy gratamente sorprendido. No era una película de terror común, casi ni se le puede llamar una película de terror; era una película diferente, con un director con ganas de transgredir y hacer algo poco común mientras se burla de todo el mundo, incluyendo al mismo espectador. "No reason" ...The most powerful element of style!!

• Oct 24, 2019

Starts off interestingly enough. The first ten minutes are decent. The choice to do the entire film as a fourth wall break is inexplicable and doesn't work. Quickly decends to student film quality. Several veteran actors wasted with very little screen time. Much of what follows after the set-up makes no sense at all, but doesn't qualify as anything absurdist of value. It just doesn't work.

• Oct 19, 2019

I want that 85 minutes (felt like 85 hours) of my life back.

I want that 85 minutes (felt like 85 hours) of my life back.

• Oct 12, 2019

Not for everyone. But a fun surreal movie about a killer tire.

Not for everyone. But a fun surreal movie about a killer tire.

• Oct 01, 2019

DRINKING GAME: Take a shot every time I use an adjective that can also be associated with Tim Burton. The review proper: A strange, quirky horror comedy with an odd sense of humour that has some equally bizarre storytelling decisions and an absolutely hilarious anti-climax, Rubber definitely pays homage to "no reason"...for better or for worse.

• Sep 30, 2019

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I really enjoy this film. It's different, in a good way.

• Aug 26, 2019

The best movie I have ever seen. It is absolutely perfect.

The best movie I have ever seen. It is absolutely perfect.

• Aug 25, 2019

While I was watching the movie, I could feel the time being wasted.

While I was watching the movie, I could feel the time being wasted.

• Aug 13, 2019

This movie is tragic. Tragic in ways I can only hope to explain. "Rubber" is an attempt at an intelligent, pretentious meta-commentary on the "unexplained" "for no reason" trope that many movies, including many classics, have suffered from. It uses this as an excuse to show us a film that's entirety has no inexplicable reason for any of the events that take place. It even begs the question of why the movie exists in the first place. "Rubber" follows a murderous tire that kills, to kill. There are no clever pokes at the film industry to be found here, just as there is no reason to be found. Why are the sound effects of water, wind, the crunching of bottles and footsteps, amplified? No reason. Dupieux accomplished his goal of making a movie with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it, but fails to make any relevant or interesting comments. Absolutely not worth watching, I've found more entertainment in writing this review and reading others' reviews.

• Aug 09, 2019

It's an odd movie there is alot of questions I have but it I keep watching it over and over