Run All Night Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

It was an ok movie. I just couldn't grasp a high-tech assassin (Common) having so little skill at assassinating.

• Oct 31, 2019

Liam would have conquered the screen, if the editing would have hold a frame for a while. Run All Night And we meet again. The writer Brad Ingelsby fascinates me. His writing procedure, his character and the way they travel in his plot tracks is equally intriguing. They take detours, they take uncalled stops, they bump into randomness and they also ask us to stop this everlasting train. And I know I usually give credit, at first. to the director who in this case is Jaume Collet-Serra. I just wanted to swoon over Brad's filmography and how it has caught my eye over the years. Not that I have anything new to add to those already said and observed things. This project, the stereotypical action thriller and it is extremely typical in its genre, has something else that I'd loved and exhaled over. It is its irrelevantly fast edited scenarios. And not some physical action sequence but even a conversation is crisply edited out. No. Not crisply, but wrongly. Multiple times we can see the dialogues lapped over physical sequences to pace up the film in a briskly adventurous night. What it instead results into is a disappointing questionable set of scenarios that doesn't respect anything. Neither the action nor the characters nor the actors and what they are diving or dying or performing for is accounted into a disrespectful character. Character, I say, for it repeatedly pops up on screen and also has his own arc in the sense that it gets less and less visible and annoying. Run All Night seems, is simply terribly edited. It cuts to another frame within a blink or like a blink. It feels unintentional, wrong and doesn't quite add up. There is a disturbance between conversation. This violence is much louder than any other explosives and bangs. And on the other hand, the final act is incredibly slow and settling which in its own way makes up for that uncalled editing that jumps back and forth.

• May 15, 2019

Run all Night, starts out slowly but soon becomes a excellent thriller Liam Neeson is a force!

• Apr 03, 2019

This is a fantastically fun movie. Anyone that gives it a bad review is just a chromogen! I am not saying it’s the best movie in the world, but it is a lot better than a 50% rating!

• Feb 03, 2019

Seriously under-rated movie. RUN ALL NIGHT does NOT have a convoluted plot. The story is in fact very simple. When Liam Neeson kills the son of his mob boss (Ed Harris) whilst trying to protect his estranged son, Ed Harris vows to avenge his son. Now, Liam Neeson and his son have to run away from the mafia and the police, and try to figure this mess out. Hence the title RUN ALL NIGHT. That is one of the most simple plots I have heard. The action scenes are terrific. They are soo brutal and realistic, and Liam is once again in top form when it comes to kicking ass. The movie is fast-paced, it slows down from time-to-time to develop its characters, and the story rolls along pretty smoothly. By far the best detail in this movie, for me, was the chemistry between Liam Neeson and Ed Harris, and how his friend very quickly turns into his worst enemy. I just enjoyed this movie. I found it incredibly entertaining, and I believe it's worth a watch. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

• Jan 18, 2019

Had everything in an action movie. I really couldnâ(TM)t find any reason to knock of a star. Only negative the professional hitman didnâ(TM)t realize there was no one left to pay him, which led to one last showdown. Good performances by all the leads and plus Vincent Dâ(TM)nofrrio plays a detective like he did on TV but the role is different. I enjoyed it.

• Dec 06, 2018

In short, a poor man’s Road to Perdition. I like the themes of fatherhood but there is a lot of backstory that has very little setup. Liam isn’t particularly like-able but a longer first act would’ve helped with that. There’s nothing special about the assassin and the editing is all over the place. Surprisingly little music. Which is ok but it could have used a little more. Tension isn’t really there but overall the way the themes play out is the best aspect of the film. It’s a rental.

• Dec 02, 2018

Typical drugs criminals, kill each other. Son gets mixed up, his dad kills everyone in sight to protect him. Ok film, nothing memorable but an enjoyable watch

• Nov 21, 2018

Clichéd plot, poor choice of music, yet it is actually an enjoyable action film. Jaume Collet-Serra did a decent job directing, and Liam Neeson was still cool as the typical action hero he plays nowadays.

• Oct 12, 2018

Very underrated movie. One of my favorite movies with great performances from Neeson & Harris. I don't get why it's not more well liked.