Runner Runner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Runner Runner Reviews

½ August 24, 2017
Nothing wrong with the acting, directing or cinematography per se, but the story is just very very mundane and uninteresting. Whoever came up with the idea of telling a story in the online gaming milieu must have really loved it, because everyone else will just react with a gigantic shrug. You can't even cheer for the hero or hate the bad guy, that's how indifferent all that makes you feel.
½ June 26, 2017
Anyone who rates this movie less than four stars has never had any interest in online gambling nor do they have any knowledge of what it's actually like. The script was great, and the plot makes perfect sense. Acting is good, but I'm not an Affleck fan.
½ April 19, 2017
Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck on one movie, is interesting just the cast was enough to make me stay with the movie til the end, wasn't the best one, but was good enough for me. 2.5 Stars mates
December 30, 2016
It is good movie to watch
December 21, 2016
The plot is indeed predictable and not one bit remarkable for that matter, but even so this is a somewhat decent (and well-edited) thriller that benefits a lot from some good performances - which hold us in our seats as we see it unveil like a fine poker game.
½ October 1, 2016
Ben Assfleck? Pass....
½ September 18, 2016
Poor pacing and thin plot. The movie seems to gloss over details and barrel through with the thinnest of plot points, like it's checking off a mandatory box so that it can get to the next point.
½ August 30, 2016
Fairly solid but predictable subject matter and plot
½ August 27, 2016
Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake star in this better than expected crime thriller. Justin Timberlake plays an expert online gambler who is cheated by somebody online and decides to investigate further which leads him to Ben Affleck's character.
August 27, 2016
I have watch this and enjoyed it multiple times!
½ August 12, 2016
Awful, waste of talent.
July 1, 2016
Ben Affleck makes for a good a**hole, can't pass up seeing Justin Timberlake in another movie...not too bad
½ June 19, 2016
The actors should give their wages back.Except Gemma who is great.This movie was as pointless as it was pretentious.Actors use their star power to get paid but if they in movies like these then their star power turns to "beware this movie".At no part was it enjoyable or able to hold interest.
April 2, 2016
MOVIE WAS EASY TO SEE WHAT WAS COMING AND ACTING POOR AT BEST
March 25, 2016
Ben Affleck makes a good psychopath. The film takes the view point of a new hire, not too smart, so we get the superficiality of it. It goes well, then less so, then more criminaly. The film has its values, but it appears all rather fake.
March 25, 2016
March 24, 2016
Boring. And really? It was thaat easy to find the location of the criminal that just ripped you off? AND, although mastermind BenFk knows how to steal loads of money from regular people, he apparently doesn't know how to hide from the swindled saps? Or hire better security? Turns out it's part of his interview process before the official job offer. JT, he robbed you and now he's your boss and you're kinda working to get your own money back. This movie reminds me of a male Pretty Woman-type fairy tale--but without the literal hooker stuff. Just how people can be bought and become so mesmerized by the money and rich lifestyle that they figuritively sell themselves.
March 20, 2016
Well ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an alright movie 2 watch, its nothing special 2 watch but it is an alright movie 2 watch........its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie, I think that gemma arterton, ben Affleck, Justin timberlake, Anthony Mackie, oliver cooper, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that ben Affleck was absolutely brilliant throughout this movie as the bad guy throughout this movie.......

It was released in Belgium, France and the Philippines on September 25, 2013, and in several other countries on the following days. It was released in the United States on October 4, 2013. Some parts of this narrative are based on the life of Nat Arem, a professional poker player and former accountant at Deloitte Touche who helped uncover cheating in online poker by using statistical methods to analyze thousands of games. The film received generally negative reviews from critics.

the whole cast is::

Jordan Beder as Paul Arnaud
Bob Gunton as Dean Alex Monroe
Ben Schwartz as Craig
Dayo Okeniyi as Lionel

I think that this is an alright movie 2 watch, it is nothing special 2 watch.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......it is nothing special 2 watch but it is an alright movie 2 watch.......
½ January 17, 2016
For the most part I thought this was pretty good, but I just wish there had been more action in it.
January 9, 2016
What a dump. Boring as all hell, none of the characters have any charisma and are just bland as an unseasoned potato chip. Gemma Arterton is a babe, that's about the only positve I found with Runner Runner. Dog shit