Scary Movie 5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scary Movie 5 Reviews

July 26, 2017
I thought it was funny, but it's not.
½ July 9, 2017
I've always preferred the 3rd and 4th entries to the franchise over the first two, and given that this film was more akin to those, I was hoping this film would be better than it was. I must say, though, it does have a few good laughs. Frankly, most of the best jokes are the smaller, more underplayed gags, such as Charlie Sheen calling his cat Emilio, or a scene in which Simon Rex's character just keeps getting increasingly more awkward when talking to his black boss about how the apes are just like us. It clearly suffers from the numerous rewrites it went through in order to keep it as up-to-date as possible. I would've loved to see it in its original conception as being more centered around 'Black Swan' and 'Paranormal Activity'. After seeing 'Mama', I thought of many other ways in which it could have been spoofed that, in my opinion, would have been funnier and made more sense. This whole movie just seems thrown together at the last minute, despite being worked on and rewritten for years. Overall, it has some very funny moments, but as a whole, it just doesn't work very well.
½ June 7, 2017
And the franchise sinks to impossible new lows. There are a few entertaining moments and cameos but overall it's an unforgivably immature and horrifically misguided disaster.
½ May 5, 2017
Lacking the uproarious laughter, boundary-pushing satire and suspenseful storytelling that made the first four installments a solid blend of horror and comedy, this fourth -- and largely unfunny -- sequel is one misfire that'll leave fans pining for the onscreen presences of Anna Faris and Regina Hall.
½ April 12, 2017
I selected the "want to see" option before it came out. I saw it. I hated it.
April 2, 2017
First two was better
½ February 22, 2017
Ran across this as it was starting on cable, and I have to grudgingly admit, I laughed more than I expected to, especially since it's not the best franchise for comedy anyway, as they become dated the moment they stop filming.

Oh well, it was an okay way to waste some time during an afternoon.
January 27, 2017
Awful. The only one worth bothering with is the first. Even the second cant save the day with alot of the same cast and they get worst and worst from the second
January 26, 2017
Una nueva secuela de la tradicional Scary Movie que esta vez se presenta como una parodia de Actividad Paranormal, Mamß, Sinister, The Evil Dead, Inception y hasta el Cisne Negro
January 14, 2017
This One was really bad I don't really like it it was pretty much the worst in the trilogy it wasn't really funny it was mostly just weird even though it is a scary movie film it's just not like the first four it was really a stupid movie!
½ December 28, 2016
Its terrible. Just terribly boring.
December 7, 2016
Stupidity-leaking movie.. Enough. Please..
October 7, 2016
Une Útoile par nostalgie.
October 1, 2016
Was dreadful, none of the actors from the previous Scary Movies were in this one and this one wasn't even funny. It had Snoop Dogg tho
September 18, 2016
I absolutely love the first three Scary Movie films, the fourth was okay and this was just the same. It was funny to watch but the story and film overall just seemed a little weak compared to the first three which were amazing. And without Anna Faris the film had nothing.
September 17, 2016
By far the worst instalment of the franchise, "Scary Movie 5" is basically worthless of its title. I found myself giggling at some of the stupid gags and moronic humour but this film is a long way from the natural, laugh-out-loud, hilarious comic timing of the better films that preceded it. The writers clearly penned this with their eyes closed and their brains shut down. Everything just screams half-arsed and stays in the shadow of what came before. But I can't say that I had a bad time either.
August 31, 2016
Dumb movie, but in a funny way. But by no means is this a good movie at all.
August 20, 2016
Alt. Title: How Not to Make a Spoof Movie
½ August 20, 2016
Good god I hope this is the last spoof movie I ever see
August 6, 2016