Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story Reviews

October 16, 2010
Still valid - still we have DADT. more than 13,389 soldiers were discharged since 1994
½ June 14, 2010
Surprisingly effective film, considering it was made for television. The fact that Glenn Close and Judy Davis star in it certainly helps it's success. They are great, especially Davis. Well written and tackles a tough subject head on. Sensitively done.
½ November 8, 2009
Well-acted and an excellent portrayal of this kind of injustice.
½ January 30, 2009
Glenn Close is fabulous as always!!! This always makes me angry -- the 'don't ask, don't tell' BS is nothing but a 'separate but equal' attitude. Groundbreaking 13 yrs ago, mos def, but I sincerely hope we get past all this discriminatory bullshit! Great movie -- pa pasar el tiempo!
½ August 7, 2008
A true story - Always the best!
An example of how the system works to both use & abuse the men & women, who serve to fight for their country, who die for our country but as soon as we mention being gay!! We are scum.. I know I'm right.
½ July 15, 2008
I understand for the year it was made it must have been quite groundbreaking, and it is still good as an overview of military policy and why even "reforms" like Don't Ask Don't Tell need to be ditched. I wish I had watched this earlier, but in this day of the "post-gay" (or, I should say post coming out) movie, the dialogue and pure goodness of the lead character and her family seems something out of a Lifetime movie.