The Shaggy Dog Reviews

• Feb 23, 2019

I don't know what's worst: The nightmarish poster or Downey Jr. acting like a dog.

• Nov 22, 2018

That movie is worse than "An American Werewolf In London".

That movie is worse than "An American Werewolf In London".

• Jul 06, 2018

I remember watching the original Fred MacMurray version of The Shaggy Dog and I always thought it was one of Disney’s lesser live-action classics. So revisiting that concept with Tim Allen in the lead role doesn’t seem like a great idea. This movie’s attempt at comedy always revolves around a man doing things like a dog, and it is never funny. Aside from the transforming into a dog part, the heart of the story is so clichéd that I’m not sure anyone actually wrote it or if they just copy-and-pasted from one of a hundred other Disney movies. “Dad’s too involved with his job, and is neglecting his family...will he ever wake up and see what he’s missing?” I’m sure you can write the rest yourself. The idea that the original dog in this movie is some kind of magical being that can be used to prolong life is already ludicrous, but then they double down by making it so he turns people into weredogs when they are bit. But all kinds of stupid ideas are taken in stride by the characters in this movie. People take the idea of Tim Allen’s character turning into a dog as if it makes perfect sense after the initial shock, and the fact that he continues to struggle with just telling people about it is frustrating. In fact the entire movie is frustration because so many plot lines could be resolved in seconds with a simple conversation but instead they take the most convoluted steps to make the movie feature length. The Shaggy Dog is what you get when lazy people start making movies without intention or purpose. It’s as if they just took a look at Disney’s catalogue of classics, looked for which one they could remake next, and didn’t put even an ounce of thought into a way of making it new or interesting. I cannot express this enough...there is nothing of value in The Shaggy Dog. It is not funny, it is not thought-provoking, it is not well-acted, and it is not entertaining in any way. Children might become dumber after watching this movie, so just avoid it like the plague.

• Jun 26, 2018

Start laughing I remember watching this movie. Tim Allen is hilarious good movie show your kids

• Jun 13, 2018

Really not bad, pretty fun family film.

Really not bad, pretty fun family film.

• Oct 07, 2017

10/7/2017: Meh. A good cast, but very few funny moments.

10/7/2017: Meh. A good cast, but very few funny moments.

• Feb 15, 2017

Sure is silly and bad, but it's one of those movies that so bad that it's good because it's completely hilarious and stupid

• Aug 11, 2016

The Shaggy Dog is purely fluff and fun for the kids, and is tolerate enough for the adults.

• Jun 27, 2016

Shaggy Dog is a great Disney movie. Tim Allen portrays the role of a half human-half dog perfectly. This movie is hilarious and heartwarming. I would suggest this movie.

• Mar 15, 2016

Shaggy Doggy Dog is not Dogs.

Shaggy Doggy Dog is not Dogs.