Shane Reviews

• Jan 21, 2020

This movie has some pretty backgrounds but between the bad acting of the really annoying kid, the terrible choreography of the fighting, and the really odd looking fake nighttime I just couldn't get into this film. I honestly hate it.

• Jan 12, 2020

Hands down the best Western I have ever seen

Hands down the best Western I have ever seen

• Oct 16, 2019

A movie everyone should see at least once.

A movie everyone should see at least once.

• Sep 18, 2019

Excellent. This film is one to be enjoyed over and over.

Excellent. This film is one to be enjoyed over and over.

• Aug 23, 2019

This is a classic old western so the pace is slower than modern films tend to be, but it adds to the mood and the movie's better for it. Nice slow build of tension and stakes, so that it's much more of a drama than an action piece. Some spotty acting in various places, and the argument about why the heroes do what they do was unsatisfyingly off the mark. But I can certainly see why Logan referenced it so heavily.

• Jul 31, 2019

A western classic that has me wondering at the end. I tend to think that he is still alive.

• Apr 15, 2019

Shane is not short on scenery.

Shane is not short on scenery.

• Feb 28, 2019

One of the finest Westerns ever! Really beautifully filmed from an equally great novel. Its strength is that you can understand and sympathise with all the characters, even the baddies. Why they all must play out their fate the way they do. If Shakespeare had written a Western this would have been it. And in the end, although the film conceals it where the book doesn't, not only is the land baron's time over, and his gunfighter wonderfully played by Jack Palance, but also Shane's time too whether he dies from his wound after the shootout as in the book or not.Their heroic way of life has past. The kid hankers after a mythical time which is dead and which he will never forget and never see. Plenty of action too!!

• Dec 02, 2018

This is a classic western that grabs your heart and keeps it on your old favorite lists. Little Joey's eye's are something to behold. Marian and Joe are such a nice likeable, hard-working couple who cherish their little place in the western wilderness. Awesome scenes and wildlife! Alan Ladd is Shane a gunfighter who struggles with his past and how you can never shake it so you are always moving on. He is so different and so loveable because he actually care's about people and is willing to help them where they are weak and he is strong. Pale Rider is a Clint Eastwood movie that came later and takes this same story and is very similar but different. I like both however Shane is my sentimental favorite.

• Oct 10, 2018

What cinema should aspire to be: noble, gorgeous, heartfelt, complex.

What cinema should aspire to be: noble, gorgeous, heartfelt, complex.