Signs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Signs Reviews

December 3, 2016
Signs is pure suspense that restrains itself from blockbuster action and uses slight of hand to draw you in.
November 29, 2016
Very stressful. Horrific strains. very good
November 28, 2016
Such an amazing, emotional movie.
½ November 25, 2016
I really enjoyed signs, it thrilling, suspenseful, and even a good sense of humor. Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix both were excellent in this one, and both child actors did surprisingly well too. There were even a moment or two that genuinely made me tear up, and that's kind of rare
½ November 24, 2016
Ambitious attempt at metaphor flops.
½ October 28, 2016
Great film! Signs is a not a movie about aliens. Signs is a movie about the ultimate perspective we have towards life. Is everything in the world by chance or is everything happening for a reason? What if there are no coincidences? That's the question Shyamalan is asking us.
October 16, 2016
L watch the movies it was good movie but there a few of every catlistic are talked about few remember alien are exposed avoid object.
½ October 9, 2016
I loved the suspense in the film the only thing I didn't really understand was the whole purpose of the aliens and the ending felt short.
September 24, 2016
One of M. Night Shyamalan's best movies. The overall feel was eerie in the best way possible and all the strings came perfectly together in the end.
September 4, 2016
Brilliant Movie, including Great Characters.
August 21, 2016
This is still my favorite Shyamalon film.
August 9, 2016
I just watched this again on cable. At this point I've lost count of how many times I've seen it, which is fine - because this movie is amazing every time.

The alien in the living room is dramatic every time. The realization that the hand of fate is reaching in to work it's magic is highly satisfying every time. The score is excellent. The acting is on point.

If you lose yourself in a fuss over the religious matter surrounding Graham's character, well that's just your loss. In the context of this movie, it works masterfully.
August 6, 2016
Wonderful direction and cinematography create an incredibly effective chilling first half, which promises a bit more than the payoffs can deliver in the final act. In the end, underwhelming, but a great ride nonetheless.
July 25, 2016
War of the Worlds from a different POV; what makes this film great is Shyamalan's ability to create tension here. One feels a sense of dread and suspense; did the twist hit, was the bad guy really that amazing. They did a lot with cornfields and farm houses that's the amazing achievement here.
July 22, 2016
***
It's no The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable, but Signs manages to be a reasonably effective suspense thriller, that manages to get past a poor script with too many conveniences.
½ July 18, 2016
interesting movie with great atmosphere and music, but I felt it boring for long shots and I think the plot felt forced at times.
I liked it, but I think It could have been much better
½ July 12, 2016
Don't you miss when M. Night Shyamalan made good movies? Signs is a classic and easily one of the best alien films! The film is very smart at building suspense and gives us lovable characters and memorable beasts.
July 8, 2016
I think Shyamalan was going for a sort of stilted, stalky, wooden representation of 1950's film and 1950's rural American culture. Shyamalan's very tight lines and stark signals are almost Bauhaus compared to his earlier, far more organic Sixth Sense. Shyamalan would go on to try this mood again in "The Happening", but where Happening is a dark comedy Signs is just a meditation piece. It's a meditation on the imagery and the society of a certain time period in American history. It's really not that amazing, but it's very obvious and transparent as to its own nature. Also, when it's not awkward, it's just boring. If you don't find some deeper meaning in it, it's not very entertaining. 2/5
June 20, 2016
M. Night scores with this film, it breathes eerie tension. It still gets me each time I see it, I am on the edge of my seat. It is a simple story but shot beautifully, one of my favorites.
June 6, 2016
Chris Stuckmann's review of this is my exact thoughts and feelings towards what this film did for me. Truly special.