Skate Kitchen Reviews

• May 04, 2020

A visually enticing love letter to urban skate culture, Skate Kitchen uses its diverse female cast and interesting shots to show life as a young female skater in New York.

• May 12, 2019

I watched this movie hoping my grandson could enjoy it unfortunately the language was stronger than I thought it would be yes they are young adults acting but knowing the younger will watch it could’ve been toned down some along with the sex movies with skateboarding should be PG or PG-13

• Apr 07, 2019

Movie night with Iris. Skate Kitchen is a joy. A well-observed rites of passage story, and refreshingly a female one. At the beginning the dreamy, sunlight shots had me a little anxious. Was it going to be another fetish skateboard film. Fortunately, not as it becomes a more deeper, engrossing tale. Skate Kitchen is about friendship, puberty, first love and jealousy. An urban tale but with beauty and joy. Top film.

• Mar 20, 2019

Skate Kitchen is a fresh take on growing up in the urban jungle, and is also a genuine love letter to New York and skate culture.

• Feb 05, 2019

Did not expect to love this film. As a skater, I'm always skeptical of skating portrayed in film/tv

• Jan 02, 2019

I love skate so much, thanks for this movies with interesting facts, I am waiting the next part of that super-movie. Boxxy software helped me to watch this movie with great german dubbing to improve my foreign language.

• Dec 24, 2018

Well made movie; good story and documentary feel. Highly recommend a watch!

Well made movie; good story and documentary feel. Highly recommend a watch!

• Dec 01, 2018

Another quite fascinating film from director Crystal Moselle (The Wolfpack). This quasi-doc, successfully utilizing non-professional actors (with the exceptions of Elizabeth Rodriguez and Jaden Smith) centers on the NYC female collective teen skateboarders called the Skate Kitchen. Although I'm way out of the intended demographic of the movie, I found the characters quite realistic and engaging, as they struggled through the intimacies and bonding of teens at their age.

• Nov 29, 2018

i dont think its possible to raise such a spoiled brat with a mother like that. script / direction got it wrong. that girls values and virtues are wack. they should mimic her mothers.. though probably it serves as healthy negative example to educated spoiled brats

• Nov 21, 2018

I could tell the female touch of the director.

I could tell the female touch of the director.