Stand by Me Reviews

• Nov 01, 2019

This movie is a godsend. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

This movie is a godsend. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

• Oct 13, 2019

Outstandingly beautiful and moving film.

Outstandingly beautiful and moving film.

• Oct 04, 2019

Stand By Me is one of the high-quality film ever to come from a Stephen King story. The story is told from an adult writer's point of view as he recounts an adventure he shared with his three best buddies in the summer before junior high school began. We see the four boys head out into the wilderness to see the dead body of a boy who was once apparently hit via a train. The boys stumble upon bullies, different trains, leeches, vicious dogs, and many different things on their trip. They have some incredibly deep and emotional conversations along the way. This is a very awkward age in the life of a young man. You can tell by listening to their conversation topics which range from boobs to whether or not Mighty Mouse can beat up Superman. The crew is portrayed flawlessly by way of four extraordinary young actors. At instances they laugh, other instances they pick on each other. Sometimes they seem on the verge of fighting, however when challenged by means of the older gang of bullies, they stick together. Richard Dreyfuss, who performs the adult writer, narrates the motion as things move along. Their trip is full of surprises and emotional insight. Stand by Me is not a perfect movie according to some reviewers. TOMASBBloodhound states, "Stand By Me is not quite a classic in my book, but it is very memorable. The script is a little too pessimistic for my liking. Right down to when River Phoenix describes an incident where he's caught stealing milk money from school, and his teacher ends up keeping it for herself." A lot of people agree that there is also a whole lack of positive supporting characters for the duration of the scenes set lower back when they have been kids. Only John Cusack, in a cameo role, is shown as a effective older character. No wonder these kids felt so unwanted! All the adults around them have been jerks! The script makes use of extra swear words than are without a doubt quintessential to bring the anger these children now and again feel. You'd suppose any useless body that had been hit by a train would be more damaged than the one they locate out in the woods. Wouldn't this child have heard the educate coming in time and jumped well out of the way? If he was trying to kill himself, then you would think he would have stood in the way and been completely pulverized. Those are some of the only critiques that reviewers have with this movie. It seems like the film is attempting to portray the lifeless Brower boy as the loss of life of these kids' innocence or some thing to that effect. As someone who's been their age, I can understand some of what they had been feeling. I totally agree that some of the people you thought have been your best pals eventually simply turn out to be faces in the crowd at school a few years later. Despite its faults, this is a powerful film you are not likely to forget. It is one of Reiner's nice works, and the terrific forged does some high-quality work themselves. Overall Stand by Me is a must see. Some people consider that this movie is solely for the boys however in my opinion it is for everyone. It brings back childhood recollections of spending time with friends. Times were different back then but everyone can still relate to this film in someway and experience the film.

• Sep 26, 2019

Review: 'Stand by Me' is an American coming-of-age film directed by Rob Reiner. It is based on Stephen King's 1982 novella 'The Body'. This is without a doubt the best coming of age movie around, it has good acting and an incredibly touching plot that keeps you hooked to the screen throughout the film. I think the reason I love this film so much is because, everybody in some way can relate to it. When you're a pre-teen and have a close group of friends and face something so intense together, there's that special bond that no matter how much you loose touch with each other, one day, you just think of them and the times you had together. The film follows a group of friends Gordie, Chris, Teddy and Vern (Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman and Jerry O'Connell) on a journey to find for a dead body they heard about through the town's folk. The acting is just phenomenal, really some of the best child acting I was seen. Now, Rob Reiner is without a doubt one of the best directors of all time, he took these young boys and pushed them to their limits (in a good way). You could tell that this film was his baby, he put so much thought and love into this film. That's what makes this film so special, nothing could ever compete with a coming of age film like this. As a lover of Stephen King's writing style and Rob Reiner's directing techniques, this movie leaves me speechless every time. It is an almost forgotten film about a time in a youth's life where they feel free. Overall, I believe this film is for everybody. It tells a great story and it's always entertaining and never slows down. It's a classic, and it aged well. 5/5

• Sep 26, 2019

This is the goonie friendship vibe for adult's. One of the best storys to be done on a film. Realistic feel, filled with emotions.

• Sep 24, 2019

Blobbo not sure why no like but no like Wonder Years, either.

Blobbo not sure why no like but no like Wonder Years, either.

• Sep 16, 2019

Stand by Me affected me greatly when I watched it as a kid, and it still has that effect on me as an adult. This group of kids reminds me of my friends growing up. We never sought out a dead body, but we had similar outdoor adventures and conversations before we grew apart. The acting feels genuine, the story is simple, yet compelling and the movie is one I'll never forget.

• Sep 16, 2019

I first watched this film when i was in 5th grade and being in 8th grade now this movie has always been one of my favorites. Everything about this movie is great. The connection between the 4 boys is amazing. The score is great and the movie always can bring a tear to your eye

• Sep 10, 2019

The best movie ever!

The best movie ever!

• Sep 07, 2019

The source material, director, and young actors all wondrously caught lightning in a bottle with this timeless ode to adolescence.