Superbad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superbad Reviews

January 22, 2017
Brilliant film. Have watched it time and time again and it's always so enjoyable. I was their age and doing these things at the time when this was released so related to it so much ha. Brilliant to watch years later takes you back. Any big fans watch it on Blu Ray lots of extended scenes.
January 15, 2017
The beauty of working in a movie theater is that you get the pleasure of sometimes seeing movies a few days before the release. This being one of them. I'd gladly see it again. Very, very funny. It was awesome to see, once again, a few Freaks & Geeks cameos.
January 7, 2017
It is our generation's caddyshack! Rewatch it way too much and quote it way too much!
½ December 27, 2016
When I was a kid I used to laugh the hell out of my heart to this movie. Still do. Watch it.
December 23, 2016
this movie looks hilarious i wanna see it dammit!
December 21, 2016
Comedy worth watching at the very least.
December 19, 2016
Una pelÝcula entretenida y graciosa desde el inicio hasta el fin.
½ December 13, 2016
A sweet, but raunchy comedy. Jonah Hill and Michael Cera's friendship is so believable, but for me, the highlight was Bill Hader and Seth Rogen.
December 8, 2016
Amusing fluff that doesn't amount to much. Worth viewing once though. On Blu-ray.
½ October 30, 2016
The generation this belongs to will hail it as a classic. It's well made and funny anyway...but probably not enough to watch again.
½ October 29, 2016
Superbad is a coming-of-age movie in a class by itself.
½ October 27, 2016
If your in the mood to laugh , this is your film. Jonah hill and Michael Cera sure know how to entertain. This film follows two hormonal, crazed and weird teenagers as they spend the night trying to get into a party.
½ September 21, 2016
I have heard that this is one of the best comedies out there, but I have to disagree. I was disappointed. There was not really that much to laugh about. It was far too vulgar and awkward for me to laugh. I have seen better comedies.
September 17, 2016
Having a best friend is most likely going to be the most irreplaceable aspect anyone can encounter, an aspect that actors Jonah Hill and Michael Cera managed to demonstrate so brilliantly, it works in Superbad, a comedy that knows what the teenage life is all about.
September 16, 2016
Another one of those one time deals where it's a great movie and will not be repeated in terms of comedy greatness. If you are ready to have fun and laugh then you are ready to watch Superbad.
½ September 16, 2016
Ero molto scettico all'inizio nei confronti di questo film, ma devo dire che Ŕ molto divertente e pi¨ intelligente di quello che sembra. Forse grazie alla sua costante volgaritÓ non sarÓ un tuffo nella cultura, ma per farsi due risate ignoranti non c'Ŕ niente di meglio.
½ September 14, 2016
A successful 2000's version of high school getting laid comedies. Hits home pretty hard on a personal level as I acted a lot like Seth in high school and had an eerily similar relationship with 2 friends who were just like Evan and McLovin. Superbad is funny throughout although a little immature at times and not as sentimental as a lot of critics think. The penis drawings and funky music are great little aspects.
September 6, 2016
One of the best comedies in recent memory
½ September 5, 2016
It still holds up. So this is about two high school seniors (Jonah Hill, Michael Cera) who are getting ready for college. Rather, they will be shortly, as soon as they can make their way to the big, year-end party with as much booze as they can gather and hopefully score with their respective love interests in throwback 80's fashion. If you like raunchy humor, it doesn't really get much better than it does with Superbad. I saw this once back when it came out in theaters and 1 - 2 times after it on DVD, but it has been a good 7 -8 years since I last watched it. I'm pleased to say that it is still as laugh out loud funny as it was in 2007. There isn't an effort made to hide it, as the lead characters share the same names, but this is based on the high school experiences of writers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. Rogen even goes so far to have a supporting role of a police officer of questionable moral standards. I don't know about you guys, but my high school life was 100% not anything like this. It was tame and mostly alcohol free, but I can still appreciate a story that has the gall to get this nuts, even if I can't relate to it on a personal level. And I know most of the actors and actresses have moved on to bigger and better things (take Emma Stone for example), but back in 2007, they were largely unknown and you actually could believe that they are high school seniors that are on this alcohol quest, a rare feat for a movie that's about teenagers. Superbad is charismatic, and it is proficient in nailing awkward moments, especially with how terrible these boys are at talking to girls. Both Hill and Cera always have the potential to be great when they are utilized correctly, and this remains one of their best roles for the both of them. It keeps upping the ante with how crazy it gets, which is all the more shocking and hilarious because it is based on real life events. Even through all the crassness and all the vulgarity, there is actually a sweet coming of age story to be found underneath it all, and that's what manages to elevate this above your garden variety raunch fest. It is still laugh out loud funny, and if you go back to rewatch it again, you will not be disappointed.
September 1, 2016
Good movie. Very rude. Got better as it went on.