Superbad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superbad Reviews

Bradley T. Johnson
May 16, 2017
Never quite as funny or as sincere as it wants to be, but still full of memorable little moments. Rating: 58
May 5, 2017
A very funny film that feels like a throwback to some of the teen comedies from the 80s. Very funny if you can tolerate Hills blunt humour which is sometimes hilarious but very loud. Not a classic but following the success of Pineapple express and Knocked Up, Rogen was on a roll and this film has many memorable funny moments. 06/05/2017.
April 29, 2017
One of the best comedies that is entertaining from start to finish. A+
½ April 25, 2017
This would be the best movie I have ever seen in my life if I was a fourteen year old boy. But sadly I am not. McLovin is a funny name.
April 23, 2017
It's fucking funny man.
April 22, 2017
Superbad is directed by Greg Mottola, and it stars Jonah Hill and Michael Cera in a high school movie about 2 best friends that are about to graduate high school, and they have to get the alcohol for a party as they think that it'll impress the girls that they like. This is the first film that is actually written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, and so far with the films that they wrote, I managed to enjoy them very much, which for this one, it made stars out of the actors, and with good reason also. Michael Cera and Jonah Hill work each other very well together and you can see about why they are best friends as it is very typical for those people to be high school students. Christopher Mintz-Plasse in his first film role has the comedic timing for the jokes, which gave me a laugh, and whenever he's with Seth Rogen and Bill Hader, their story is probably the most entertaining part of the film as they have a lot of fun chemistry, it's hilarious to watch, and it has a lot of heart from them, which they are just likable idiots. The writing by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg is really good with some of the dialogue being really funny enough that rightfully deserves to be a meme. The beginning has got a lot of jokes that got a laugh out of me, but when it gets a bit close to the end, I wasn't really laughing as much as I thought I would've gotten from it. It does a good job portraying some of the high school students as very awkward as it can be relatable to anyone that was in high school. Superbad may not be one of the classics for the high school genre, but at least I'll find it memorable enough to stand out.
½ April 16, 2017
A smart and creative comedy even if it starts out slow.
½ April 14, 2017
Of all similar drinking + sex focused movies set in late high school or early college, this is definitely the best!
March 28, 2017
You're mileage will vary depending on how high you are..... At 90 minutes this would have been tight, at 113 it is loose and long overstays its welcome.
March 26, 2017
Not only a good comical movie, but a good movie.
March 25, 2017
Good movie, but not great. The scenes with Michael Cera and Jonah Hill are the best and funniest scenes. Especially Jonah Hill, who really knows how to act like a disgusting seventeen year old. Another thing I liked about it is the look of the movie. Its a throw back to the 70's. The clothes, the hair, the way it was shot.
March 23, 2017
Stupid with lame teen humor. Ridiculously bad. Dare I say, super bad! (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
March 18, 2017
I laughed all thru this fun movie. It represent my generation, so yeah, i love it.
March 13, 2017
Bromance at it's finest
March 1, 2017
A fun and hilarious film with a solid cast full of great performances and hilarious and fun comedy.
½ February 27, 2017
I really wanted to like this film, I did. But I was sadly disappointed. I found by the time the movie actually got going I was so overly board with the stupidly mediocre plot that it was ruined for me.
February 23, 2017
"Brilliant comedy throughout and the character of McLovin is comedy gold."
½ February 21, 2017
Smart writing anchored by top comedic timing by the entire cast, Superbad is a funny, sincere, and lighthearted look into high school and teenage experience that is sure to relate to everybody.
February 19, 2017
I almost feel shame for having watched this whole movie. How anyone over 25 could enjoy this movie is beyond me. An endless stream of obscenities does not make a movie funny. Ridiculous antics by cops are not funny. Puke gags and worse, are not funny. I just signed up for Rotten Tomatoes because I could not believe that 87% of people liked it! That ratings makes me seriously worry about our society. I wish I could give this negative 5 stars!
February 18, 2017
Seth was a whiny jerk. I don't think Jules would like him.
The 2 cops were funny. Overall a funny movie with a well-written plot and developed characters, but gross and unnecessary amount of cussing.