Swimming Pool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Swimming Pool Reviews

March 24, 2017
Psychological thriller and character study. Not completely successful blurring of fantasy and reality, but fairly intriguing for what it could have been.
½ March 24, 2017
Hrmmmm...Well The Voyeuristic Style Certainly Works. Never Thought A French Country Home With A Swimming Pool As It's Feature Could Look So Good. Very Sexy Stuff. Slightly Slow & Boring At Times, But It's Outweighed By The Other Stuff.
February 18, 2017
She's juicy, fun and confusing. It's a win in my book.
February 15, 2017
Deliberately paced film is an okay mystery. The big reveal near the end of the film isn't as unexpected as it should be though. Still it is worth watching.
½ January 18, 2017
Enthralling, challenging, thought-provoking, suspenseful, sensual. Ozon has you on the edge of your seat until the end.
December 24, 2016
Nicely shot and executed in a slow pace, depicting the everyday life of a writer put in certain circumstanes in this particular movie. And these circumstances are the rural French house with a swimming pool and the daughter of the writer's publisher (or is she?). The film is enriched by the perfect Charlotte Rampling's performance and sexy Ludivine Sagnier.
½ December 18, 2016
Swimming Pool is a confusing thriller that can captivate the spectator because of its outstanding cast that can transform a boring plot into a sensual and mystirious suspense with a dark and heavy atmosphere, and about the end... It was frightning as its unexpected and ambiguous twist.
December 14, 2016
Too complicated for me to understand. My head just can't take films like this since the accident.
½ September 22, 2016
Clever, psychologically sharp, masterfully acted, unnerving and... beautiful.
July 5, 2016
A fantastic thriller about a anonymity-seeking crime novelist from Britain who seeks an end to her writer's' block in her publisher's villa in France, only to find herself holed up with his French daughter whose promiscuity, drug use, and sarcasm at first frustrate the writer, then provide inspiration for her. This film has a great atmosphere which is erotic, philosophical, and shot through with a kind of teenage angst coming from both the young daughter and the much older writer who appears to be involved in some way with her publisher. It's full of striking imagery and vivid characterization, providing a new twist on what you might expect to find in a European villa.
½ February 17, 2016
An absorbing and highly stimulating film that intriguingly dissolves the barrier that separates reality and fiction to tell a strange story about that point of an artist's creative process when she has to search inside herself to reach that sparkle of inspiration that eludes her.
½ November 23, 2015
Great plot and twist, with an awesome performance by Rampling.
November 17, 2015
After seeing the Swimming Pool, I wanted to quit my job, move to France and look for Julie!! An interesting story set in the beautiful French country side with a surprise ending. Which story are we watching?!
October 20, 2015
The acting alone is reason to watch this, a mysterious, sensous vibe is just extra.
½ September 14, 2015
Though Charlotte Rampling is brilliant, as usual, I felt this movie is somehow incomplete. What's missing?
½ May 7, 2015
Sometimes as a writer, the line between reality and fantasy gets blurred.
Was intrigued for the potentiality of something dreamy and yet intense storyline. Aside from the lure of the svelte bikini body and snippets of the French countryside, nothing much else could hold my interest.
½ April 12, 2015
Good mystery ladened gem from the same director that gave us the very excellent Dans La Maison. As usual, lots of sexuality that would pander to the perversion of some adults and good build-up. The French in general just have more fun!
April 10, 2015
Equal to Hitchcock / Chabrol at his prime. Brilliant. Not to be missed.
½ February 17, 2015
A dark, intelligent, stylish thrill ride set in the beautifully lit French countryside, Swimming Pool plays to director Francois Ozon's strength in successfully hooking the audience and manipulating them with ease.