Tangled Reviews

• 4d ago

Probably one of my favorite animated movies of all time! The characters are perfectly flawed, Rapunzel often finds herself in the conflict between her dreams and obligations in a way that is relatable and hits close to home.

• Feb 06, 2020

Underrated movie of the Disney Revival Era I’d go as far as to say it’s second only to Wreck it Ralph. I won’t spoil it but this movie really touches an adventurous soul.

• Jan 25, 2020

Although this movie has a solid plot, Tangled ends up being overshadowed by its flaws that really prevent me from enjoying this movie. I was 13 yo when I first watched this movie and, at this age, I didn't have a solid sense of criticism and all movies would pretty much please me regardless of how bad they were, but this movie either made my eyes roll, cringe or get bored most of the time. So it speaks tons about my dislike for this movie. With the exceptions of I See The Light and the Healing Song, all songs are forgettable to me and they suck. Most characters suck, the only ones who didn't to me were Pascal and Mother Gothel. Mother Gothel was a great villain with a fantastic strategy of false affection, low self esteem and fear to deter Rapunzel from leaving the tower, all that in the name of "love". Pascal was cute as the mute animal sidekick. For the rest, all characters sucked, specially Rapunzel, which is odd since she is the main character. I found her very cringy and annoying, so it was very hard for me to care about her. Eugene was kind of meh honestly, oh, and Maximus as a horse who behaves like a dog SUCKED.

• Jan 13, 2020

When it comes to Tangled,Moana and Frozen each have their strengths and weaknesses,but I have to say Tangled does it a little better than the other two. Tangled has a good story,comedy,good supporting characters,some memorable songs and a good villain! The animation looks so detailed which you do get in Moana,but lack in Frozen though there is some detail with the snow and ice on clothes. In both Tangled and Moana I love the music,comedy and supporting characters,but then there’s a villain in Tangled and that’s where these films separate. Mother Gothel is among the best villains of Disney! She is actually a very good mother to Rapunzel,but then again she’s very manipulative and constantly degrades and tears her daughter down! She originally kidnapped Rapunzel for her own gain,but she also gained a daughter as well,but she’s still a villain! There is an emotional side to this of whether to disappoint Mother Gothel or please her. She’s pretty tragic ,and in some ways you wish she won! Had it not been for Flynn stumbling toward the castle Rapunzel would still be with Gothel!

• Dec 24, 2019

Gothel's manipulation of Rapunzel has a subtlety to it which goes beyond the simplistic fairy tale setting, making it frighteningly evocative of real-life emotional abuse. Overall, Tangled shines thanks to its strong cast of characters, even if the songs and direction can feel a little mundane.

• Dec 24, 2019

One of Disney's most underrated and best-animated movie by the studio in the 2010s.

• Dec 20, 2019

Quite possibly the greatest Disney soundtrack ever!

Quite possibly the greatest Disney soundtrack ever!

• Dec 19, 2019