That Awkward Moment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Awkward Moment Reviews

½ October 1, 2016
This is a distinctly average Rom Com. The best part is Zac Efron without clothes several times and the kinda cute ending. Not really much else to say about it.
September 29, 2016
You should all be put in a communist prison for a 23% rating . I laughed, I cried this movie had everything. That cast and you give it a 23%! Get outta here and pound sand. Unreal ROMCON
September 16, 2016
That Awkward Moment(2014)
Starring: Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Imogen Poots, Mackenzie Davis, Jessica Lucas, Addison Timlin, Josh Pais, Evelina Turen, Tina Benko, Joseph Adams, Eugenia Kuzmina, Emily Meade, and Alysia Reiner
Directed By: Tom Gormican
You know judging by the film's title I knew I wouldn't like this too much,but it does have its moments of unique laughter. I just find it difficult to talk about comedies the more I review them.
The film is about Three best friends find themselves where we've all been - at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide "So...where is this going?
The story does sound a little interesting,but is plagued with stupidity,they make this lame bet that they would all stay single and well who's stupid enough to bet on something like that? If it were girls I'd understand but a guy, no just no.
The performances are very good from Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan and Imogen Poots, as for Zac Efron not so much this time around, which is disappointing cause he is an actor I have liked in the past he just has a bad reputation due to those awful High School Musical movies.
The Direction in this film by Tom Gormican is actually pretty good, he does get good performances are nice and the shots of the sets are actually pretty nice.
All of the elements of a good film are not present, the film does suffer a lot from bad writing, but it does manage to pull out some good performances. I give That Awkward Moment a two out of five.
½ September 1, 2016
The one major flaw of this romantic comedy is its predictability. It's easy to foresee the ending half an hour into the movie. And Zac Efron is probably the worst choice for his role or perhaps any other role he's ever landed.
½ August 23, 2016
Pretty good movie. Look, the story is nothing new, the characters have a hard time being likable, and the plot itself is very formulaic, but the dialogue itself isn't half-terrible and pretty funny, and the performances from the cast are solid.
August 10, 2016
I really enjoyed the chemistry of Micheal B. Jordan, miles Teller, and Zac Efron. I wanted the film to make me laugh more. I wish the film had a bet more clever humor and less sophomoric humor. Overall it's a clichéd and predictable film, with a good acting through out it run time.
½ July 27, 2016
With no clear motivation or direction in mind, "That Awkward Moment" turns out to be more awkward for its audience.

Between three best friends, one is your typical player with commitment issues (Zac Efron), another also sleeps with a lot of girls (Miles Teller), and another struggles with his marital life (Michael B. Jordan). Together, they vow to stick with the single life, but not until each of them realize that it may not be what they want.

The only real reason I had interest in this movie was because of the power trio of Efron, Teller, and Jordan. I actually think that Zac Efron is a very charismatic and talented comedic actor who can actually relay his emotions pretty well. Miles Teller, although part of some questionable films, has always shown that he has a lot of potential ("Whiplash" and "The Spectacular Now"), and Michael B. Jordan has easily made his way into today's cinemas. Although I love each of them in their own way, their talent honestly felt wasted in this movie. Although they did a decent job working together, they just weren't given much to work with and they weren't able to revive a lackluster script. The talent is here in this movie, but the script is just not good enough to let their talents shine.

One thing I need to mention before I forget it is that this movie is very lazy with its screenplay and story telling. First off, it doesn't really feel like there's a story here. There's no real explanation or actual reason as to why all of them decide to embrace the single life "forever", nor is there a clear and more meaningful resolution. Now, I'm not saying I need some life changing message, but it has to feel like their journeys had a purpose. Sadly, by the end of the film, it felt more like a wasted hour and thirty minutes more than anything. I also noticed that the director was so lazy that he often used the same typical shots, same set locations, and boring dialogue to progress the story. The characters are either having sex, walking on the street with coffee, in a club, having sex, walking on the street with coffee, in a club, oh, and talking. There was not much creativeness put into the story which made this movie mundane and forgettable.

The actors did a decent job of bringing to life the humor within the situations, but again, the screenplay was too poor. The comedy worked in a few moments, but nothing really had me louder than a simple chuckle. It also felt like the comedy being told was just inside jokes between the characters in the movie, so it felt more confusing than funny. Most of the scenes also felt short and rushed which really hurt the pacing and comedic timing that the film probably strived for.

There's not much to say about this film. It really is as mundane as a film like this could get, except it possesses some big name actors. Nothing about the screenplay or overall story was interesting enough to hook you, nor was it done with any creativity. In the end, I wasn't beating my brains out, but this film is more forgettable than anything.
½ July 22, 2016
Three bros navigate the perils and promise of modern romance. One is freshly separated from his cheating wife; one is a serial ladykiller who meets his match but is too set in his ways to commit; and one gradually catches feelings for his platonic wingwoman. The prior two stories are par for the course, despite Zac Efron and Imogen Poots being rather likable together. None of the moments are that awkward, and some of the jokes are too "in." What's really surprising is the third story, which begets (another KStew doppelganger) Mackenzie Davis's excruciatingly lovely moment as an open mic night chanteuse with her soulful and modern rendition of "After You've Gone," chased by Miles Teller's so-subtle-and-you'll-miss-it look of admiration then dismissal.
½ July 19, 2016
It's not necessarily a great film as there are many plot holes and editing errors. HOWEVER, it is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies and there are some great scenes.
½ July 4, 2016
I got a lot of laughs out of the movie, more than I expected, which is a good thing, as I had really low expectations for this movie after I saw the reviews. But the reviews are too negative in my opinion. If you know it's a rom-com, you kind of do get an idea what to expect from the movie. And if you're going in with zero expectations, you might think it's really good for a rom-com, just like what I thought.
½ June 6, 2016
Stay away from this one. Absolutely brutal!!
June 4, 2016
Brings out the little things in life and reminds how friendship and love sometimes requires a lot of work, but also sometimes end up to be worth the extra mile. Great movie, would watch again.
May 21, 2016
The only thing I could say that it miss the mark...good movie but it miss the mark
May 7, 2016
Lots of awkward moments in the film, not just one. Very few good moments. I found the film strange. Like phoney guy date film and real girly film. The guys have an homersexual feel to them. And they still score bitches like nothing. Didn't work for me.
April 23, 2016
In support of a friend devastated by a recent breakup, three guys vow to maintain their single status for as long as possible. The plan gets derailed when they each fall in love and have to secretly work around their pledge to bachelorhood, while trying to figure out the complications of modern day relationships.
April 19, 2016
That awkward Moment displays a phase in everybody's life. It shows the types of people and how they react in love situations... A great movie to watch!
April 15, 2016
This movie was quite a pleasant suprise for me, I enjoyed the movie for what it was and what it was trying to go for, I found it funny pleasing and the acting was pretty passable, nothing new or original it's cliqued and predictable but it was told pretty good
March 14, 2016
I love this movie, has it has the Funniest scene in a movie that I have ever scene and the rest of it was really good too, lots of good one liners.
½ March 13, 2016
Had in me stitches.. loved it
March 11, 2016
I watched this last week on Netflix and i did not originally think much of the movie but it grows on you. The movie is all about a group of friends that are there for one another and all they want is fun. To date girls and not get tied down.
However all three meet girls and start having steady relationships with them and they dont tell their friends only to pretend they just have fun and let them go.
However with all that happens they grow to find that the girls that they are with a relationship material and they do have feelings for them.
The movie is surprisingly good and even Zac Efron Produces the flick to.
The movie is not suitable for the kiddies as the subject matter is adult.