The Darkest Hour Reviews

• Jan 19, 2020

I don't even want to give this pile of poop a half star. It doesn't even deserve an atom of a star. Darkest Hour's weak acting, weak story, and horrible characters make this movie bad. You have an interesting plot. Young people trapped in Moscow trying to stop aliens. That could be good. But the way it was made was pathetic. The acting made the characters unlikable and the story was executed poorly. This movie was horrible. It should not be called Darkest Hour. It should be Called 'Darkest Hour and a Half of Cinema'.

• Jan 18, 2020

Worse movie that I've watched over 5 times. Mainly because I was younger and it was on television on repeat. It's generally dumb and the ending doesn't pay off at all. Visual effects were good at the most time and I like the way how they managed to make Moscow looks empty and lifeless.

• Jan 15, 2020

In this film we first notice the disarming naturalness with which some characters die. Other than that the film is done pretty badly because the aliens don't look like a real danger and the plot is mostly confusing and seems to proceed almost randomly

• Oct 06, 2019

I thought it was great. Ignore the grumpy detractors. Exciting, good acting and it was a blast.

• May 11, 2019

movie is good, one time watching....

movie is good, one time watching....

• Apr 05, 2019

A horrible waste of time that only insults you further for even putting whatever disc you use to watch it.

• Apr 04, 2019

No estoy de acuerdo con las críticas, a mi me gusta mucho esta película .

No estoy de acuerdo con las críticas, a mi me gusta mucho esta película .

• Jul 31, 2018

Nothing new being presented here with some kind of effort, with not much development to unflatten the players of the alien invasion survival flick, besides under a different take and intriguing territorial predatory display that interests towards the outcome rather than being initially thrilling as it was supposedly planned. (C+) (Full review TBD)

• Jul 11, 2018

Might better have been called 'The Dumbest Hour'. The movie was not totally awful but just not very good. Five Americans out at a club in Moscow survive an invasion by aliens that are comprised of energy and atomize people to suck their energy out. Yes - it is that ridiculous. The movie lurches from one implausible scene to the next as the five leads, who are all kind of annoying and develop no real chemistry as a team, then fight their way through Moscow to escape. Each scene is more eye rolling than the next with minimal suspense and no real empathy for the roles being played. But, it was decent enough to get through without fast forwarding, so a minimum of 1 1/2 stars.

• Apr 22, 2018

The Darkest Hour is a cheesy, nonsensical alien invasion flick...that I had a lot of fun watching. It's like what would happen if you made a bargain bin version of Independence Day set in Moscow, stole the aliens from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, sprinkled some Ghostbusters (Old school 80's films, not the shitty 2016 film), and the mixed it with a dystopian sci-fi flick. It's an odd blend, but I found it to be a fun guilty pleasure with plenty of over the top action, goofy acting, campy dramatic moments, and a handful of interesting ideas. If you're up for some cheesy popcorn entertainment,The Darkest Hour will scratch that itch.