The Dictator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dictator Reviews

January 15, 2017
The Dictator begins with clever moments that make you laugh, then there are moments go on for too long. The best moments are between Sacha Baron Cohen and Jason Mantzoukas who have great chemistry.
January 15, 2017
120616, 170115: This film was Aladeen. It made me laugh Aladeen. Aladeen LOL moments. Ha! Long live Admiral General Doctor Aladeen, Supreme Leader Aladeen. Long live Wadiya!
January 11, 2017
The best of it's kind.
January 10, 2017
It just maked me laugh.
January 8, 2017
Definitely the weakest out of the three but that does not mean it doesn't have any funny moments or is not a good time to watch.
December 24, 2016
Sacha Baron Cohen proves he is a great comedian who can make us (or at least myself) laugh non-stop and hard, and I applaud him for that since comedy is the hardest genre to master in the film industry, but still The Dictator is tedious, repetitive pro-Israeli propaganda that tries to make sense out of a bizarre storyline about New Yorkers getting a taste of brown Middle Eastern people, especially Aladeen himself, drinking piss, homosexual kisses, working a job to clean semen out of laptops and losing a cell phone inside a woman's vagina.
December 4, 2016
Ridiculously funny!!!!
½ October 23, 2016
LOL THIS LOOKS FUNNY ASS HELL..my thoughts from the trailers...buut noooo..it has funny moments but overall it was just stupid
October 17, 2016
There is no denying that Sacha Baron Cohen is an immense talent and the fact that he attended Cambridge is a testament to his intelligence which, when combined with his comedic prowess, makes him a dangerous talent. With that, and the previews of The Dictator, I prepared for an amusing couple of hours while simultaneously trying to block out the stain that was Bruno.

Sadly, The Dictator was such a disappointment that I struggled to finish it. The plot was passť, the jokes cheesy and it was mostly about shocking the audience. You can't help but wonder how an icon such as Sir Ben Kingsley would've signed up to be in such a farce! Then again, I guess you would have to ask the numerous cameos the same. Yes, there were moments where I did laugh and some of the jokes were witty but they were few and far between. In fact at one moment when the racist bodyguard, played by John C. Riley, is about to murder Cohen's character at the start, I actually wished he did so we could be done with the movie!

Perhaps one needed to be stoned to appreciate the humour or maybe I just didn't get it. If you're a fan of the Scary Movie franchise and Bruno, perhaps The Dictator is right up your alley.
September 20, 2016
Funniest of all Sacha Baren Cohen's movies by a longshot.
August 23, 2016
Though racist, uneven and with a pretty dumb plot. Sacha Baron Cohen achieves a performance over a quite amusing and dark script that gave me and my personal circle some of the biggest laughs we ever had over a movie.
August 13, 2016
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
July 29, 2016
Controversially funny and as foul-mouthed as ever (that's our Sacha Baron Cohen), The Dictator is that rare political comedy that is filmed in such a way that makes it impossible to resist (unless you don't like movies that have to do with politics though it's more slapstick than focusing entirely on politics).
½ July 23, 2016
Una commedia demenziale e piuttosto stupida che con i suoi toni provocatori porta sicuramente qualche risata, ma nel complesso non lascia il segno.
July 14, 2016
Yeah some parts fell flat but some were hilarious.
July 1, 2016
The Dictator is hilarious. This movie has tons of laughs and is very good. This is the best Sacha Baron Cohen movie yet. I would suggest this movie.
½ June 29, 2016
so funny i was rotl!!!!
June 29, 2016
Funny Movie overall, but it's a movie you can only watch one time; gets boring afterwards.
June 29, 2016
this movie is sooooo funny
½ June 29, 2016
no better than original mix