The Dictator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dictator Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
Definitely a step up from his previous film, though one can only think he can do even better than this.
July 20, 2017
Terrible sacha movie.
July 12, 2017
This movie is the funniest movie I have ever seen. My best friend and I cannot stop laughing the second the movies on. Its a must see!!
July 3, 2017
The older I get the darker I seem to like my comedy. Though it lacks the immediacy and danger of Borat to sell Baron Cohen's typical too-juvenile moments, the combination of braindead, aimless satire and the blackest of black and bluest of blue comedy pushed it into the realms of absurdist insanity that made me laugh surprisingly often. Also Jason Mantzoukas.
June 27, 2017
It's got a few funny jokes but nothing really funny predictable the acting is average
June 8, 2017
Rating: 7.3/10 A clown gets shot within the first minute and a half of the movie, but the comedy has never been so alive.
½ May 26, 2017
Sacha Baron Cohen proves he is a great comedian who can make us (or at least myself) laugh non-stop and hard, and I applaud him for that since comedy is the hardest genre to master in the film industry, but still The Dictator is tedious and tries to make sense out of a bizarre storyline about New Yorkers getting a taste of brown Middle Eastern people, especially Aladeen himself, drinking piss, homosexual kisses, working a job to clean semen out of laptops and losing a cell phone inside a woman's vagina.
May 10, 2017
Classic from the 2010s, great in most aspects, aside from Anna Faris' annoying extreme-left-wing character.
The film's humour itself is quite well set, but nowhere near the other gems from Baron Cohen's career.
April 21, 2017
I thought it was hilarious! I found this movie funnier than both Borat and Bruno. His comedy style reminds me of early Woody Allen, although much lewder.
½ March 14, 2017
I laughed a bit, but not too much.
½ March 6, 2017
I like all of Sacha Baron Cohen movies. They crack me up with their weird sense of humor and slapstick comedy. Worth a watch if you like him.
February 25, 2017
This movie was exactly what it was supposed to be. While not briliant, it has plenty of funny to keep moving forward. It hits many timeless international relations themes.
½ February 24, 2017
I still don't know why I gave this one a watch.
February 23, 2017
Meh. Not his best, but not awful.
½ February 13, 2017
,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦h,
January 30, 2017
Ridiculous as you would expect and thankfully not real. After watching this, Trump isn't so bad...but that's not saying much and I could be jinxing it! LOL
January 15, 2017
The Dictator begins with clever moments that make you laugh, then there are moments go on for too long. The best moments are between Sacha Baron Cohen and Jason Mantzoukas who have great chemistry.
January 15, 2017
120616, 170115: This film was Aladeen. It made me laugh Aladeen. Aladeen LOL moments. Ha! Long live Admiral General Doctor Aladeen, Supreme Leader Aladeen. Long live Wadiya!
January 11, 2017