The First Time Reviews

• Oct 11, 2018

Probably the most realistic coming of (sexual) age comedy I've seen. Script, direction, and acting are sometimes excellent. Wardrobe was very well thought out.

• Aug 07, 2018

A real heart warmer really shows you true love. great movie to show anyone who is trying to figure out what love is! also dylan is a stud (yum) but to conclude honestly coming form someone who has now expierenced love it was a total waste of my time. but dylan is still a stud (yum) (yum)

• Apr 07, 2018

Strengths: In a film like this, everything hinges on the performances of the leads. Britt Robertson (Aubrey) gives one of the best performances of her career, while Dylan O'Brien (Dave) is great alongside her. The chemistry between the two feels so natural and real, which could be explained by their real life connection as the two have been in a relationship ever since meeting while filming this movie. Every scene together is just electric and must watch. You want them to end up together and root for it all. The dialogue is sweet and honest, making sure each character feels realistic. The supporting cast do a fine job as well, specifically Victoria Justice (Jane). However, it all really boils down to the scenes between the leads. The soundtrack is also a highlight. Weaknesses: This is, in no way, an original concept. There are countless movies discussing teen love and what sex can ultimately do to that relationship. There is some talent in the film that feels a bit underutilized, like Christine Taylor (Mrs. Miller) and LaMarcus Tinker (Big Corporation). It also felt like Aubrey's boyfriend Ronny (James Frechville) was too much of a stereotype. The story might've been more compelling if he wasn't so easy to root against and was more layered/less cliché. Lastly, there's also a lack of believability in how quickly everything seems to happen in this movie. Overall: I know there are people who find wall to wall dialogue and facial features to be boring, but it all works here. There are so many scenes of just Aubrey and Dave talking, yet their chemistry and performances are so real, you buy into it all. This is a sweet, engaging tale led by strong acting. I'm a sucker for a good love story.

• Mar 01, 2018

Wow. Just wow. The best movie. Damn. Just... just extraordinary. Thanks a lot to all the people responsible for makin' it. My only problem was i wish it would have been around 180 minutes. And lead characters must have cried for each other at some point. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Feb 25, 2018

much better than I expected. Britt Robertson normally bothers me, but I thought she did a good job in this. Dylan O'brien is a naturally talented actor. The chemistry between the two was good. It was funny, sweet, and grounded, all when it needed to be.

• Feb 23, 2018

Me pareció entretenída y me gustó la interacción entre los personajes, me recordó a experiencias vividas. No es la mejor pelicula de este tipo pero se puede pasar un muy buen momento viendola.

• Jan 31, 2018

typical cliche teen drama.

typical cliche teen drama.

• Jan 26, 2018

I thought this was one of the most honest films about teens and their first time! I think it was adorable and definitive the chemistry between the two leads, which they happened to be in a real relationship, made this film work for me!! Everything was fantastic but I love the ending the most because this kid, which we need MORE guys like him!!! Decided to come back to this girl and pursue her!! And that's why I think this film is fantastic!!

• Jan 21, 2018

You don't watch a movie like this expecting a masterpiece, but it's a really sweet film. The main characters are very appealing and the story feels true. Mostly. Curl up under the covers on a rainy day and just enjoy the sweetness.

• Nov 28, 2017

I just love, Dylan O'Brien and Britt Robertson... will see anything with them in it.