The Good Lie Reviews

• Jan 29, 2019

I loved this movie. It was touching in a way that showed humanity from a completely different perspective. Simply beautiful.

• Dec 16, 2018

I did not like it because it was completely unrealistic! As an immigration attorney, I have to say that the ending made me cringe and it was not a "good lie"!

• Oct 24, 2018

Great movie. Watched with our 13 and 10 year olds. Very moving and informational

• Sep 29, 2018

Beautiful movie. I wish there were more movies like this that tell real stories with heart about our world.

• Sep 23, 2018

Great story up until when the the siblings win relocation to the United States..The it all goes sugar coated after the sister is separated from her brothers. Surely they would have known this before they came from Sudan. Then the dialogue goes mega cheesy. The "Chicken Joke", the Sudanese name for Reese Witherspoon character, in particular the doctor brother. All the African fish out of water stereotypes come out. The employment counselors (Reese Witherspoon/Corey Stoll) , the immigration people,their support officer (Sarah Baker) all bend over backwards to help these brothers. We know that doesn't happen. Its fantasy. The sister is relocated to live with Reese Witherspoon (not believable) Also one of the brothers smashes up a phone booth and gets arrested. Then nothing is mentioned about that. Then one of the brothers goes home (the doctor) and a different brother comes back on a forged passport. Ridiculous!

• Jul 29, 2018

A good movie in the Reese Witherspoon catalog.

A good movie in the Reese Witherspoon catalog.

• Jul 14, 2018

Great movie, very sad to see how much western society has failed

Great movie, very sad to see how much western society has failed

• Mar 02, 2018

It's really involving. The culture shock is very well worked and gives us interesting moments (and some funny ones to). The plot is very emotional and the photography is beautiful.

• Sep 21, 2017