The Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Holiday Reviews

October 12, 2017
Omg why hadn?t I heard of this movie. So my wife and I are up late and found this movie and geezus it was great! Definitely I?m my top 100. Don?t miss this one. Totally unexpected and I still can?t believe I never heard of it.
September 25, 2017
It is very perfect, respectful to the audience and not offensive like the movies of today.
September 11, 2017
Nancy Myers again delivers in another good film for middle-aged moms
August 27, 2017
Cheesy but cute - would recommend
½ July 31, 2017
A funny and entertaining Christmas themed romantic comedy.
½ May 7, 2017
So sweet, but the reality isn't so...
March 21, 2017
My opinion---

The Holiday, is a lovely romantic comedy by Nancy Meyers "What Women
Want and The New Trainee" among other things, she loves romantic cinema
and this is reflected in the quality of her films, proof almost all her
films are focused on The subject with happiness, and The Holiday is in
this vein, romantic, a nice little story and every time she has chosen
very good actors as in this film, with two super duos: Cameron Díaz /
Jude Law and Kate Winslet / Jack Black; I can say that I found Cameron
Diaz perfect for me one of his best role as far as Jack Black he has an
on-screen presence always noticed, I love this actor. The soundtrack of
this great music master of movies that is Hans Zimmer is also very
pleasant. In the end this film is very well done and the romances are
beautiful, a film where you do not stress, a film to discover because
it is very good in its kind.
March 20, 2017
I thought 'Love Actually' was the worst film ever made. This almost tops it, but is definately the most boring and pointless film ever made.
The characters are shallow, the dialogue repetative and bland, and nothing funny happens in what is suppossed to be a rom-com.
The hugely blatant problem that presents itself to the four characters, which is continually addressed but never resolved, is the geographical difficulty to their relationships. How do they plan on making their long distance relationships work? They don't know that's for certain, and the way Law and Diaz seem to ease-out their predicament is to say "I love you" over and over again.
Oh, and I find it worrying that Diaz is so desperate that on her first night in an isolated house in the middle of a foreign country, she'll welcome a drunken stranger (claiming to be the brother of the house owner) in and immediately have sex with him. This has to be a sign of our times. (P.S. do drunken single fathers carry condoms around with them at all times, or did the ditzy american lass have a few left-over from her flight? The director seems to find it hard to tie-up these loose ends)
½ February 13, 2017
Kate Winslet and Jack Black are charming and their story works well. The side story with Eli Wallach provides some depth and he and his buddies are captivating. Jude Law is charming. The one reason I merely like this movie instead of loving it is Cameron Diaz. She just didn't seem right for the role and didn't bring any depth to it.
½ January 16, 2017
some bits are good... jack black, why?
January 6, 2017
I was riveted by this movie. Cheering for the characters especially Jude Law and Cameron Diaz's characters. The ending had me crying. Loved it.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 26, 2016
For the genre it's adequate, but how does one watch Cameron Diaz act and not feel insulted?
December 24, 2016
A perennial favorite. I love this movie!
December 18, 2016
It won't let me watch films
½ December 17, 2016
I wonder if Jack Black has ever been in a movie where he hasn't said "Boo dap a do de boop" at least once. Some good laughs
December 5, 2016
Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black are amazing together!
December 4, 2016
Finally watched this one the whole way through. Although Cameron Diaz's acting was pretty crappy at times, the movie itself wasn't - I thought it was a fun idea for a story, and I enjoyed seeing it all play out.
September 25, 2016
Amazing romance movie with an incredible cast. Have seen it multiple times, each time it is even better!