The Hollars Reviews

• 15h ago

The Hollars, c'est un film qu'on a déjà tous vu un bon nombre de fois et qui sort à peu près trois fois tous les ans. Contant l'histoire d'un citadin forcé de retourner dans sa petite ville américaine natale à cause de sa mère tombée malade et qui retrouve sa famille dysfonctionnelle et son ancienne compagne, le deuxième film de John Krasinski n'est pas foncièrement mauvais. Cependant, il n'apporte absolument rien au genre, si ce n'est un casting un peu plus intéressant que d'habitude, en dépit de l'accent abominable de Sharlto Copley. Bien sûr, on y trouve quelques éclats de rire et quelques émotions fortes, mais filmée comme un téléfilm, écrite de manière tellement générique qu'on pourrait penser à une parodie au premier abord (à l'image de sa bande-son, une succession de balades toutes interchangeables), The Hollars n'a aucun réel intérêt.

• Sep 06, 2020

When we stay awake to see the end of a film...that's confirmation that it was good !

• Jul 16, 2020

I really liked this movie! Laughed out loud multiple times. I just really like John Krasinski and his directing style. His humor is so unexpected and well timed. Cute movie!

• Jul 12, 2020

A really good film. It touching, funny, and has great acting.

A really good film. It touching, funny, and has great acting.

• Jun 07, 2020

A cast of talented actors waisted on a film with no new ideas, little story and completely uninteresting characters. Someone must of had some blackmail material to get this cast together.

• Dec 07, 2019

Krasinski approached a familiar routinely formulaic trope from the independent genre and presented it as a brilliantly touching family story with humor and beneficial casting charismatically performing to fuel the heart. (B+)

• Sep 30, 2019

There's nothing special about this movie on the surface. But the strong ensemble cast (Sharlto Copley, Charlie Day, Anna Kendrick, Richard Jenkins & Margo Martindale stand out) and a pretty heartwarming story lifted this up. It hits some surprising emotional beats as well.

• Sep 25, 2019

A John Krasinski film that a majority of people may not have heard of. Watching this makes me think a the younger Ed Burns films that are simple and about family and the common things we take for-granted in like.

• Jul 10, 2019

Not perfect by any means, but a movie that makes you feel none the less.

Not perfect by any means, but a movie that makes you feel none the less.

• Jan 04, 2019

The big problem with this movie is that so many things the characters do feels manufactured and not at all real. There are many scenes in the first half that are cringe inducing (many of those involving the brother). For every moment that produces genuine emotion, there's one right after that which feels false. I wish this had been better because there are a lot of people I like in it.