The Huntsman: Winter's War Reviews

• 3d ago

Meh, It passed the time

Meh, It passed the time

• Jul 07, 2019

Entertaining movie. Although it is not clear if it is aimed at a child or adult audience. I did not like the too simple motivations of the characters. I liked the casting selection

• Jun 07, 2019

I mean, it didn't royally suck. But I think there are better ways to spend a few hours

• Apr 19, 2019

I don't see the problem everyone seems to have with this film. I thought it was ok. A good follow up to the first film. Enjoyed it.

• Apr 13, 2019

The Huntsman Winter's War is a prequel off Snow White & the Huntsman. It tells the story of how the Huntsman became and also how Ravenna became and how big a part the mirror actually plays in her life. I liked this movie better than Snow White & the Huntsman. When I watched this movie I realized I hardly remember anything of Snow White & the Huntsman, so I should probably watch that one again now. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered Chris Hemsworth speaking Scottish. So when the movie started that felt like kind of a shock, haha. The movie locations were very beautiful and brought a lot to the vibe of it all. Also, I can talk for hours about how pretty al the costumes were. I absolutely adored them, especially Freya her dresses suited her so well. Chris Hemsworth was his great self yet again. While I was watching I realized how alike The Huntsman and Thor actually are, or maybe it's just because it's Chris. I don't know, so some parts felt a bit Thor-ish. He did a great job though! Great fight scenes (especially the one in the bar, I love fighting scenes without music) and he was so funny as well! I was a bit disappointed in Jessica Chastain her character Sara. I didn't get enough information about her to really get to know and love her. Jessica Chastain for sure is on my favorite actresses list so I adore her, but I had a bit of a hard time with Sara. I just like to know as much as possible about the characters. Never enough information, ya feel. Charlize Theron was a great Ravenna yet again, she really fits the character. Although we haven't seen a lot of her this movie, she was amazing whenever she was on screen. I was so surprised about Emily Blunt her performance as Freya. She's a complicated character who's just a bit in a fight with herself, she thinks she's doing good, or at least I felt like she think's she's doing good, while she's actually doing so much wrong. She was sane enough to "lead" and partly understand what she's doing but behind it all it was so clear that she was slowly turning insane of the loss she had to endure. Emily showed it throughout the whole movie and now when I look at posters I even see those emotions in her eyes. She was really, really good. To end my little story I'd like to thank the dwarfs for the fun laughs, cuz they were hilarious. (Emily Blunt was so good though, I can't get over it, seriously)

• Jan 05, 2019

Despite having a stellar cast and good performances, the film does not feel within the universe of Snow White and the Hunter, perhaps could have a better story to tell without feeling forced to join the story with the character of Charlize Theron, it would have been interesting .

• Jan 02, 2019

I thought this movie was far better than the first and the visuals were amazing... The villain was relatable but did Ravenna really have to come back?

• Nov 27, 2018

One of the best High fantasy Movies, Stunning VFX... Also Cast, Dialogues, story everything is just tremendous.. I really Liked the film Best Regards

• Nov 18, 2018

Even with a cast including Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, Winters War still feels like an extension with no purpose. Loosely borrowing elements from the Snow Queen, Winters War provides a dark twist on the Hans Christian Anderson Tale.

• Oct 24, 2018

Very unnecessary and largely forgettable. Winter's War doesn't add anything profound or excellent to its genre or its viewers mind. Another wasted premise.