The Interview Reviews

• 2d ago

It has a couple funny moments. Most of it though is just outlandish.

It has a couple funny moments. Most of it though is just outlandish.

• Jul 11, 2019

This movie peaked with the Eminem interview at the very beginning. From there, it's mostly a 3rd tier Rogen comedy with all the trappings (ecstasy scene, pop song motif, ejaculation humor, random super violence) that we unfortunately mistook for being a smart satire. Not that it isn't funny; at times, it certainly is…but it's also not nearly as funny as it wants to be, and nowhere near as poignant. Even given our current relationship with Korea, The Interview falls short of potential greatness.

• Jul 01, 2019

Is saying I like this movie even wise? While it has been 5 years since the hack that led to the movie getting pulled from theaters and restricted to wide releases and video-on-demand, I still think that saying I like the movie might have some North Korean dictators angry. His dad was more civil and less of a crybaby when Trey Parker and Matt Stone made fun of him back in 2004. Plus, the James Bond movie about North Korea didn't make him throw a tantrum. If anything, all he said was "I didn't like it" and to be fair, not a lot of people liked Die Another Day. But I do enjoy Seth Rogen comedies and this movie is no exception. I will admit that James Franco could be cringy sometimes and was 15 minutes too long. Early in the movie, a security officer takes a ricin strip disguised as a pack of gum that was meant to be used to assassinate Kim Jong-un and when it finally takes effect, that's when the movie became much more fun to watch. I didn't hate the first half but it was at this point, that we broke away from the relatively lighthearted tone the film had thus far and going to a more action-oriented approach all leading towards an equally hilarious-and-awesome villain defeat. Was making a comedy movie about the assassination of a North Korean dictator who's still alive at the moment a bad idea? Especially in the 21st century where technology can be used as a weapon? Probably. But I can't say I was appalled by this movie either.

• Jun 22, 2019

I loved the cast and I wanted to like it, but I just couldn’t get past the first 20 minutes. Sure there was some humor but it was just boring. Literally so many interviews and I already know what it’s like to be on television.

• Jun 13, 2019

Un humor pasado , pero que disfrute

Un humor pasado , pero que disfrute

• Mar 28, 2019

WhaaaaaaaaaaaT ??? If you don’t think this movie is funny, you’re just f**king peanut butter, & jealous !!!!? Hilarious !!! (We just watched this for the third time, and still laughed our asses off ! :))

• Jan 26, 2019

Not very good at all...

Not very good at all...

• Jan 23, 2019

Its totally ridiculous. Like totally. I mean, Kim Jong Un would definitely not be a Katy Perry fan in real life.

• Jan 14, 2019

seth rogan- comedy's kryptonite. dictator stole every scene but it was only a petty crime.

• Jan 09, 2019

Not bad. Just didn't hit the mark all over. Some interesting ideas.

Not bad. Just didn't hit the mark all over. Some interesting ideas.