The Wedding Guest Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

"Nothing happens...nothing to write because there is nothing in it. There is no wedding and there is no guest." (Mauro Lanari)

• Sep 10, 2019

another star for radhika apte. starts slow but picks up. wannabe bonnie and clyde.

• Aug 23, 2019

I rated 5, specialy for real pictures and portrayal.

I rated 5, specialy for real pictures and portrayal.

• Aug 14, 2019

A good story, that I didn't know much about beforehand, which concerns Jay, a man for hire, who's paid to kidnap a bride before her wedding. The mystery unfolds and takes us across much of Pakistan and India as they keep on the move. A slow burn thriller, with enough intrigue to keep you guessing as to the final outcome. I enjoyed it.

• Jul 27, 2019

It just not that interesting. It's stooped in reality and could very well be a true story but once you get past the kidnaping not much happens. It was predictable and I saw what was coming from a mile away but the romance, it's just not believable and did not work. It felt forced. It was just stockholm syndrome. The leads were good in there rolls. There were only 1 or 2 times I felt like they were acting badly. I did enjoy the down to earthness of the film but it's so down to earth that it becomes forgettable. Overall the film keeps you entertained and is a good time filler but not one to buy.

• Jul 19, 2019

What happened to the ending. did they run out of budget? Did they get bored by the pace?

• Jul 16, 2019

This was an awesome movie. I didn't know what to expect going in - I thought it did a great job of telling the story, and building suspense. I enjoyed the acting and the scenery as well. Glad we saw it!

• Jul 13, 2019

Dev Patel proves himself to be strong lead actor, which kind of makes up for the lackluster plot that involves more about sightseeing though India, than it does trying to maintain the audience attention.

• Jul 12, 2019

The Wedding Guest boasts a strong lead performance but fails to engage the viewer as much as it should. Dev Patel is great in the lead role. He is easily the best part of the film. The film does a good job building mystery. The film doesn’t tell you really anything in the beginning and it trusts the viewer to figure things out as it goes. Unfortunately, there is very little payoff. The film becomes a slog towards the end. Overall, Patel gives it his all but can’t save a film that’s too vague and slow to keep the viewer interested.

• Jul 11, 2019

'The Wedding Guest' is a flat thriller pulled down by its mundane screenplay and requisite tropes.