Togo Reviews

• 11h ago

Having visited Alaska last summer, and having met real mushers and real sled dogs, this movie had real meaning to me. It is an incredible movie, a true story about true heroism that led to save the lives of so many children from an epidemic. The timing of the story is as incredible as the amazing scenery and cinematography. A completely outstanding movie.

• 2d ago

Great movie. Very emotional film that had me totally invested in the outcome.

Great movie. Very emotional film that had me totally invested in the outcome.

• 4d ago

A SINCERE AND MOVING STORY / A pure and exciting adventure that tells one of the strongest and most moving stories known. Effective direction, with well-set ideas to better enjoy the adventure; film that marries beautifully with Willem Dafoe who captures the scene with his charisma and who makes his friendship with Togo a tear-jerking chemistry; story told with sincerity and finally honoring the true hero Togo, without taking anything away from Balto. A good job without pretensions and easily placeable as a Disney's classic.

• Mar 26, 2020

A great film to watch on Disney plus, enjoyable, emotional and some great acting from the cast and dogs

• Mar 25, 2020

Masterly Defoe performace! Love the movie and love all the dogs, stunning cgi and music.

• Mar 19, 2020

6.75/10. Bouncing between glorious natural beauty and impossible CGI-fueled sequences, Togo is grounded in a relationship between a man and his dog that anyone - animal lover or not - will appreciate. Willem Dafoe brings a great performance to the central role of the legendary sled-dog racer and breeder Leonhard Seppala (even if the role doesn't demand much from him), while Diesel the dog steels the show as the scrappy, determined lead pup Togo. The most suspenseful sequences are the films most problematic; whether it's Seppala mushing his pack down an incline that should induce free-fall, or exploding fissures of sea ice that seem to have a malevolent will, these scenes felt entirely removed from the boundaries of nature. In these scenes we see a churning, muddy mess in which the lines between sky, land, and sea are blurred into something only an animation team who has never seen a snow storm could create. It was enough to pull out of the experience. The movie does better when the sequences are less perilous, whether it's a wide shot of the dogs dashing across the frozen valleys and frost-covered forests, or the intimate pit stops along the route. The mutual love everyone shared for Togo is heart warming, even if it feels like each of these secondary characters exist solely for eulogizing him. The flash-back scenes are really the glue for this film: they are where we get to see Togo as a young runt who, with support and help from Seppala's wife Constance, played by a wonderful Julianne Nicholson, slowly melts the icy exterior his master fronts. We see these three form strong bonds as a family unit that are ultimately the emotional anchor of the film, which is tested during the arduous serum run. Despite it's misteps, 'Togo' has immense heart and is worth a watch.

• Mar 18, 2020

William dafoe man I'll tell ya and give that dog a oscar !

William dafoe man I'll tell ya and give that dog a oscar !

• Mar 17, 2020

I guess it got high ratings because it's very nice visually and people love dogs. The story is a great one but the movie was a bit exaggerated and dragged in some places. This one definitely seems overrated to me.

• Mar 16, 2020

What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting much but boy was I wrong. If you want to see a Great movie and one you can take your children to see, this is it.

• Mar 15, 2020

A beautiful movie; the story that should have been told ages ago, very emotional and full of heroism, and the scenes upon Norton Sound - no thriller can rival them. A very inspiring true story; CGI effects a bit mar the movie, but without them the film may have been impossible to be made as it is; great movie, one of the best of 2019.