Top Five Reviews

• Aug 01, 2019

This movie had surprising pathos and soul with some real laugh out loud humor. The performances by Chris Rock, Rosario Dawson, and a host of well placed supporting comedians add dimension and heart to what would otherwise be a generally formulaic romcom. On top of the fun, it's worth a watch just to get the real perspective of the cast as they count off their "Top Five"

• Oct 24, 2018

Chris Rock tried playing an unfunny guy, but fails miserably

Chris Rock tried playing an unfunny guy, but fails miserably

• Jul 12, 2018

In case you didn't already realize how incredibly talented, intelligent, and empathetic Chris Rock's work really is, there is no denying it after seeing him helm the director's chair for the first time. The film is as funny as you would expect, as sharply insightful as you would hope, and more romantic than you would guess. Raising issues of celebrity, dependency, artistry, race, class, the central question here is fidelity-not just to a partner, but to one's own desire and sense of imagined self. And on that front, Rock's late dive into the triple threat of writing/directing/starring feels less like a shift in his ambitions than it does the organic fruition of a brilliant career.

• Jun 01, 2018

This movie wasn’t actually all that funny. It had its moments but didn’t add up. Was dull and went nowhere other than it’s laughs.

• Apr 16, 2018

disappointing for such a big cast with little or no laughs

disappointing for such a big cast with little or no laughs

• Mar 11, 2018

Ya I saw part of this movie on TV now what I think it was some what funny but at the same time it was boring

• Feb 21, 2018

Self involved and uninteresting.

Self involved and uninteresting.

• Feb 19, 2018

I had a good time watching this movie; it was very predictable but I don't think it was meant to be a mysterious movie. It was fun, not that funny; like Chris Rock stand-up funny but it had some moments.

• Feb 16, 2018

I loved this movie. I didn't know what to expect when I saw it and I had low expectations. But so glad I took the time to watch. Chris is hilarious, and the story was cute.

• Jan 13, 2018

just make it a little funnier.. Top Five Chris Rock's hints of amusing perspective towards the details of the world is present in each of its character and is also the reason why Top Five is one of those rare features that has a unique concept, edgy characters, funny dialogues and a twisted love story.