Transsiberian Reviews

• Jul 06, 2019

JUST DROP THE FUCKING BAG ALREADY. OH YOU CAN'T? WELL HOW ABOUT AT LEAST NOT GIVING US THAT STINK FACE EVERY 5 FUKKING MINUTES. MMKAY? OR JUST STAB YOUR THROAT SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU ANYMORE.. JESUS FUCK JUST KILL ME.

• May 19, 2019

Really communicates the warning signs of territorial tensity from the simplistic impression of stranger danger to an escalating tense, ridiculously complicated situation when more of an unknown baggage gets unwillingly uncovered, becoming an atmospheric, calmingly stressful, minimally subtle thrill trip. (B)

• May 03, 2019

10 years on has not aged well. Ropey plot. If you are casting Woody Harrelson it is best to avoid calling the character Roy. Roy Munsen casts a long shadow.

• Mar 30, 2019

It's nice to see Woody Harrelson before his alcoholic loner typecast role series, and the setting and story are full of surprises

• Mar 15, 2019

Am I the only one who thinks the lead female characterï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s scared-stupid mindset was completely ridiculous and annoying ? Being honest and fessing up about what she knew made much more sense than staying silent. Or at the very least, give her something intelligent to say instead of torturing us with close ups of her scared face and wringing hands. It would have been forgivable for awhile, but for it to last pretty much throughout the entire film was just too much. There was potential with this film, but the script veered off into annoying-land and never came back. Like a runaway train. The weak character development didnt help. Im giving it 3 stars because the first half was decent and held promise - unfortunately it went downhill from the middle on.

• Mar 10, 2019

An excellent movie. The cinematography, the script, the acting. All first rate. My gosh, the lead actress is good. The way she squeezes emotion and suspense out of a line. She can show the slightest intent just in her face. Woody Harrelson was perfect for the honest lug of a husband. Carlos and his gf...all first rate. The suspense builds and builds, with surprises along the way. And how a supposed good character isn't, necessarily, so good. I feel for Harrelson's husband at the end. He has no idea of the kind of person he's married to, still? Or does he? Great movie.

• Mar 05, 2019

This is far from a perfect film but it's well executed and not a bad way to kill a couple of hours on a weeknight.

• Feb 23, 2019

Transsiberian has some potential as a train murder thriller. Not exactly Orient Express, but could have been more believable than Commuter. Unfortunately, after a promising start, the movie falls apart into an insane series of completely implausible events. I spent the second half of the movie yelling 'why did they do THAT?' at the screen, like a bad 80s teen slasher film or the Last Jedi. The title of this movie should be 'Bad Decisions I made on Vacation'. I have no idea why Ben Kingsley is in this. He must need money. He is a Russian cop??? Maybe the crazy druglord thug part got him the part... he seems to be doing that more lately like the ridiculous Collide film. I am not saying he does a bad job - all of the acting is well done - but the plot just meanders off into crazyland. Also, given the title, I am surprised there aren't more scenery shots - especially since she is a photographer?

• Feb 20, 2019

Very disappointed in this movie which combines a crude negative characterization of Russia (totally divorced from reality ... I have been there twice) with totally unrealistic premise and story line. No thrill, no reality, no value. A waste of time.

• Nov 23, 2018

A contrived story line and when the gore took over, I turned it off.

A contrived story line and when the gore took over, I turned it off.