Trespass Against Us Reviews

• Mar 22, 2019

Trespass Against Us is about a small traveller community that is ruled over by one family. Michael Fassbender has always followed the word of his father who is played superbly by Brendan Gleeson. His father is a man set in his ways, a man who doesn't believe in formal education and instead chooses to believe the word that have been passed down to him over generations, no matter how ill informed they are. A man who believes in stealing from the rich to make a living, hunting for food and tormenting the local police as much as possible. Fassbender's character hopes for a better future for his own children and makes plans for a new life only to be thwarted at every corner by his controlling father and the encoraching net of the local police force who are desperate to see the whole family behind bars. The film was a decent drama that played on family dynamics as new generations of travellers try to escape and move away from the old ways. Gleeson was especially good, always bring an air of tension whenever his character appears on screen.

• Oct 27, 2018

The story was confusing and the acting was terrible.

The story was confusing and the acting was terrible.

• Oct 19, 2018

A cool movie re family and crime. Great acting and a nice story w a good ending.

• Mar 03, 2018

I found this film sensitive and exciting with a nice pace to the plot delivery. The ending was a little soft, it reminded me of a school play or a musical. Still defo worth a watch.

• Feb 04, 2018

I just stopped watching it and it seemed to drift along with not much of a plot and posted in performances from the likes of Fassbender and the usually awesome Gleeson. Probably looked good but its a turkey.

• Sep 20, 2017

who knows what this is about, some irish people rambling on

who knows what this is about, some irish people rambling on

• Aug 08, 2017

Fassbender is brilliant and the direction strong.

Fassbender is brilliant and the direction strong.

• Jul 30, 2017

Wanting to change the life course, but it's not happening. This is a British crime-drama, about a family with the criminal background. The happily married son with two children, wants to get out of what his family used to and have a normal life. Since they all live close by, he had a hard time escaping from it. Sooner or later he has to make a decision on behalf of his family, particularly thinking the future of his kids. Yeah, this storyline seems interesting, but not the same as you watch it. Great cast, no doubt on that. Even basic plot, the theme is a confident boosting thing, if anyone watching the film are in one way or another is in the similar position. The film lacked from developing on what the opening had initiated. Nice characters, though. I expected something to remember about the film, like emotionally or the events with twists and turns. This is not a bad film, but a simple one. So not everybody would get disappointing of it. All I think is a fine opportunity was missed out. That means I blame the screenplay, despite the actors and director tried their best to turn it out as much as possible decent to the better. So don't ignore it as it is rated low and for bad reviews. It's just not a film that everybody would feel they are satisfied with. 6/10

• Anthony L Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2017

• Apr 30, 2017

Ok movie but accents are terrible. Makes it difficult to focus on what's going on