Trolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trolls Reviews

½ April 27, 2017
Shockingly awful.

This is easily the worst film I've seen since Home. Absolutely terrible.
½ April 26, 2017
This latest adaptation of a beloved trinket of yesteryear comes in the form of a mixed bag. For every imaginative musical set piece featuring great animation for all ages to savor, you get a poop joke. For every likable original song, there's a half-baked cover of a classic that just seems shoehorned into the narrative for the sake of a potential audience sing-along. For every few novel narrative devices, there's about a handful of other conveniences that comprise the plot. Don't get me wrong - this is not a wholly bad film at all. In fact, it's much better than any film based on a toy should be. I just wish the filmmakers in question would have tried a bit harder, and employed less tropey and cliched stylistics and thematics in executing this film.
April 23, 2017
Very very happy people
April 22, 2017
just did not do it for me , it was a bad story that maybe good for every young kids . but anyone or 5 years old I believe will not enjoy the movie and want to fall a sleep watching.
April 19, 2017
Trolls' emphasis on ugly big things wanting to eat small things that are 50% hair and 10% nose seems repulsive, and the script hardly makes up for that. I also found the characters rather ugly and disgusting to look at. DreamWorks never was, or ever will match Pixar's classic features like Toy Story or Wall-E. Though I did enjoy Anna Kendrick's musical performance, I'll give her that. Overall, I have to confess I still (slightly) enjoyed Trolls anyways regardless of unpolished character designs, and I was fond of the story of how Burgen King McLovin makes love to another just-as-ugly Burgen and the "Selling you out" joke.
April 19, 2017
This movie made me want to throw up...
April 18, 2017
Very...abnormal. What feels like the product of quite a few acid trips, the message of Trolls is nice, and the movie itself was alright, but it never quite surpassed that level for me.
April 17, 2017
The music was great and the animation looks unique and cute. Too bad the story itself was not very good.
½ April 16, 2017
good movie for my little one
April 15, 2017
This movie is a modified version of Tale of Despereaux, yet also appeals to kid's lack of attentiveness and ADHD.
Very colorful though; brought back some great tracks.
April 12, 2017
So funny my kids and I loved it.
April 9, 2017
A fun, charming and slightly meandering movie that did all that it set out to do consummately
½ April 9, 2017
una reverenda porqueria
April 9, 2017
Hope there making Trolls 2
April 7, 2017
I had really low expectations for this, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was cute and had a few funny parts.
April 7, 2017
Trolls (2016) - turned out to be a lot better then I was expecting. It may not be as cleverly done as "The Lego Movie" but it has a number of features that make it an entertaining experience for all. The characters are likable for the most part and the actors do a good job of bringing the Trolls to life. Anna Kendrick is great as Poppy and her constant upbeat energy always manages to bring a smile to my face. Justin Timberlake is decent as Branch. I did feel like his character wasn't fully fleshed out but he did have a couple funny moments and he does work for the purpose of the story. The rest of the Trolls unfortunately don't seem to really catch on in terms of names and personalities. They do have good voice talent behind them but they don't really do much with serving as extra characters. They work in some shape and form but I just felt like they could have played much bigger parts because it would have made them more memorable. The Bergins work nicely as a threat to the Trolls. I like how the establish the holiday Trollstice and I also like the love between Gristle and Bridget. The overall narrative is mostly good and it does work when it comes to telling a story about the Trolls and the world they live in. I almost consider this movie to be a test to see how long you can stand a movie that features non stop happiness and musical jukebox songs. I do like the lesson about happiness and I also really like the True colors sequence and how powerful they make that moment feel. This movie does play off as if it's hip and cool which will make the movie dated but the overall feeling is so fun and upbeat that it actually works in terms of being likable. The one thing that is definitely worth looking at is the animation. It is amazing how they made everything from the characters to the colorful backgrounds and creatures feel so vibrant and charming. The song sequences almost feel like i'm watching a music video on Youtube and they are so immersive and wonderful to look at. The music features a lot of songs that have already been sung by other artists they are energetic and a lot of fun to listen to even though they don't seem to work as smoothly as "Happy Feet". The music is one of the biggest elements of the movie and I do like how the songs work greatly in moving the story forward. This is not the best movie Dreamworks has ever done, but it's likable characters, upbeat music and beautiful animation seemed to have won me over. It is possibly true that the movie only existed to sell toys, but I thought the movie was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it despite it's couple flaws. The overall goal of this movie was to make me happy and I can surely say that they have succeeded (B)
April 6, 2017
charming, cheesy, mostly positive and quite funny with good music.
April 5, 2017
didn't think it was as good as the hype
April 5, 2017
Trolls is decent, but overly pandering.
Story:3|10
Animation:8|10
Characters:5|10
Overall:5.1|10.