Trolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trolls Reviews

September 24, 2017
TROLLS may have been made specifically for kids to enjoy, but really there's a subliminal message about the dangers of getting addicted to joy-inducing drugs like LSD or marijuana. Naturally since this is from DreamWorks, Trolls doesn't match the same standards as Pixar's higher quality films like Toy Story and Monsters Inc, but still an enjoyable children's movie especially with Anna Kendrick's musical performance and the "I'm selling you out" joke.
September 23, 2017
A beautiful, fun movie and an ugly, dismal movie put in a blender.
½ September 23, 2017
Cutest movie ever!!!
½ September 20, 2017
The whole premise is basically a bunch of musical internet trolls, period.
½ September 16, 2017
Harmless fluff really. Only watched it for JT and then discovered he's the only troll who doesn't sing. What a waste. Still, some good tunes and the glitter farting and cupcake pooping trolls amused me!
September 15, 2017
Let's just say, I wish that all the trolls were eaten by those bergens

Overall Score: D (2/10)
½ September 12, 2017
Garbage. This is 90 minutes of my life I will never get back.
½ September 10, 2017
This movie is beautiful to look at, has tons of heart, a sweet and funny script, incorporates iconic songs in thoughtful ways (which are done justice by the cast) and exudes a great, fun, positive message to its audience. It never claims to be anything it's not, and is everything to what it does claim to be and more. Clever and sincere, this movie is entertaining to both children and parents alike
½ September 10, 2017
This movie is just another horrific example of the commodification of happiness. The soundtrack is not terrible but it os hard to root for the trolls they are insufferable.
½ September 8, 2017
Very cute, some good laughs, and the music was fun.
September 8, 2017
Hmm? I thought, there is an obvious theme resonating in the film. Well, in the end, the casual moviegoer can be surprised too, only the critic moviegoer won't be. Which do you choose, to be happy or to be a critic? Your choice.
September 2, 2017
surprisingly great fun
½ August 31, 2017
Trolls is family friendly and a fun romp, however, it has more than a few problems, such as the fact that it won't appeal to parents like other DreamWorks flicks. Sometimes it'll get predictable, others you won't know what's gonna happen. I'll give it some wins though.
Best Character: Branch
Best Supporting Role: King Peppy
Best Villain: Creek
That's about all I can give. I'm not gonna be to offence to lovers of this flick, but my dad absolutely HATES TROLLS, yep I said HATES IT.
I don't love Trolls, but at least Branch grumpied it up, until he got put in a freaking pot with Poppy and the others, until then Branch was totally badass, which in this case is good. Trolls isn't the best movie of 2016, but it isn't the worst. We all know and hate Norm of the goddamn North, with a 9% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This (as you've noticed has 74%, certified Fresh, YIPPEE!!. Trolls isn't perfect, but it's fat from bad so... give it a chance ok. That's it for today's review for Trolls, BYE!!
½ August 31, 2017
Love it! and I'm with Andre, this is what the Smurfs movie should have been.
½ August 29, 2017
fun "cartoon" great for kids and ok for adults
August 27, 2017
Full of pop poop and pointless pastries (cupcakes)
August 23, 2017
this is a good film
The whole family should see it and that how funny it is
½ August 15, 2017
great cast and enjoyable animated movie with a nice story. Fun for the whole family to watch
½ August 14, 2017
There is a lot of hype surrounding "Trolls", and I can say with confidence that this movie lives up to that hype. Kids will absolutely love this movie, and it's also enjoyable for older ages as well, which is huge in making a lasting, well-made family movie. The plot of this movie is pretty unique, one that makes you feel as though you're watching a fresh new movie with no sense of this just clinging on to kids movie cliches. The characters are easily lovable, Anna Kendrick (Princess Poppy) and Justin Timberlake (Branch) did a great job at playing characters that all kids would love through the duration of this movie, and even have some moments and humour to them that will appeal to adults as well, again, a big part of a successful kids movie. There are some scenes where the pacing gets a little slow, even for a kids movie, and I'm sure some of the kids would get bored when they spend about 5-10 minutes talking about one certain topic - usually to do with trying to be more negative and be more positive. That repeating message throughout the entire movie is a good message, but the amount of times that it's said just makes it a little annoying, and boring to watch again and again. Overall though, "Trolls" is a movie that everyone can have fun with, and is pretty hard to dislike. "Trolls" is definitely worth the watch.
August 14, 2017
This movie is soooo good! the first time I saw it i though it was interesting but not as awesome as I do now. Very surprising plot twits and things I would never suspect. The songs are awesome as well! The jokes are very clever and hilarious!! I highly recommend this fun-filled move:)