The Truman Show Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

Beautiful and profound film that makes the viewer think about the true meaning of life and makes you stick to the screen from start to finish. The plot of the film is original and done very well

• Aug 09, 2019

The Truman Show is a thought provoking drama. Jim Carrey knows how to swim in different non-comedic waters too.

• Jun 28, 2019

The Truman Show is a cinematic work of art. Carrey's usual absurdity & goofiness is used as a way of showing Truman's stress. This movie is truly original, something we don't see much today. It should have been rated PG-13, it was disturbing at parts. Well worth a watch.

• Jun 22, 2019

This is the best movie I have ever seen. The first act is intriguing and has a few funny moments, the second act is funnier as you see just how much the show tries to control Truman's life and the third act is heartbreaking, specifically when Truman is on the boat. Jim Carrey gives the best acting of his life in this movie and the great soundtrack boosts the movie even more. I love this movie.

• Jun 05, 2019

As inventive and creative as Weir's staging is, The Truman Show wouldn't work without credible Truman. And Carrey carries off the tricky role with a chipperness that belies a deep-seeded longing for more in life than surface perfection in all this movie is one of my all time favorites.

• May 28, 2019

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Absolutely must to watch

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Absolutely must to watch

• May 26, 2019

This is the perfect movie!

This is the perfect movie!

• May 08, 2019

Great movie and an obvious tilt of the hat to Philip K. Dick's Time Out of Joint - right down to the tube radio Truman messes with.

• May 04, 2019

What might be one of the best films ever made, The Truman Show gives a strange, yet ahead-of-its-time look at the reality tv boom that would explode in the 2000's.

• Apr 20, 2019

Carrey, again, plays Jim Carrey- the only role to that date he has ever played. It is tiresome. The movie belongs, in its entirety to Laura Linney, who furnishes the perfect counterpoint.