Violet & Daisy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Violet & Daisy Reviews

½ April 21, 2016
Not very much agreeable with critics / audience ratings (way too low) as this somewhat deviates from your typical spy movie. I felt what Geoffrey Fletcher's (director and writer) trying to project and somehow it would not appeal as much to others at the first take. The trailer did not capture much but the plot, whilst seemingly mixed in confusion does have a reasonable track that one might want to try. I'm just not very happy with how it ended but I guess one may criticize a movie by how much it was able to move a heart. At any rate, it's a bizarre ending.
April 16, 2016
Wow, a lot of hate for this movie. I thought it was hysterical, violent, and interesting. Caught it on Hulu, and laughed through half the movie. Glad I didn't read the user reviews before I watched it.
½ January 23, 2016
strange n a bit all over but had sum decent scenes mostly the action. cple twists
January 5, 2016
Time I will never get back in my life. I could not finish it.
½ October 26, 2015
It was a bittersweet thing to see this just a few days after Gandolfini died. Of course he's really good here, he's good in everything he did, but here especially he's a guy who you think will be tougher, and he's just so down to Earth and... goddamn, what a loss.

Oh, and Alexis Bledel reminds me why she should be in more movies.
Harlequin68
½ July 10, 2015
Violet(Alexis Bledel) and Daisy(Saoirse Ronan) are a pair of teen hitpeople who after their latest job just plan to kick back and relax. But the release of dresses from their favorite designer means they need cash quickly and that means another job. At least, Russ(Danny Trejo), their handler, promises killing their next target(James Gandolfini) will be a cake walk.

"Violet and Daisy" is a playfully morbid movie that also manages to put life and death into proper perspective. It is also affectionate at times, albeit in the most oddball way possible. That's in service of pointing out that you should never take anyone or anything for granted, as life is just full of surprises. For example, I may never be able to watch "Gilmore Girls" quite the same way ever again.
June 10, 2015
This is terrible, it looks great and could have been great but it's poorly written and tries way too hard to be something edgy and deep and fails spectacularly. This is boring, boring, boring. I couldn't focus on it and all and didn't get through it.
February 14, 2015
It's not what the trailer made it out to be.
January 4, 2015
An odd film. Nothing great... nothing terrible.
½ January 3, 2015
This movie is stupid
½ December 30, 2014
WTF, tak toto bola ina haluska :-) ale niektore zabery stali za to ;-)
½ December 1, 2014
So stylized that you kind of get over it quickly. Much of this film is really good, and I really loved getting to see James Gandolfini. Ronan is fantastic in her role, Bledel is fine, but she seems to be overdoing it a little. It all has a Tarantino feel, so it seems a little unoriginal in parts. It's nothing great, but if the premise sounds interesting to you, you'll probably find something to enjoy from it.
½ November 5, 2014
I really liked it. Lots of bloody killing but I thought it was very sweet towards the end. The actors did a superb job. Always been a huge fan of Saiorse Ronan. RIP James Gandolfini.
October 7, 2014
This one may be not big movie, but the talking between these two girls and when anyone of them be with James Gandolfini. I like the truly talking for many moments, that's quite touching and pity. It a little beautiful one
October 2, 2014
Thursday, October 2, 2014

(2013) Violet & Daisy
ADVENTURE/ DRAMA
½ October 2, 2014
It was a decent enough movie that kinda falls to fault with the actions of the 2 main characters. too girly to be assassins and the plot holes throughout riddle this with questions but it has some funny moments and keeps it's from getting slow to the point of losing interest.
September 12, 2014
weird, quirky and entertaining
September 6, 2014
holy moly didn't expect much but totally loved it. amazing acting and total bonkers. obviously I liked it.
August 29, 2014
I don't see what the problem is. It's funny in a way, because a few months before I watched this I watched "Ginger & Rosa," another female best friends film, which has quite a few similarities to Violet & Daisy but is still very different. Whereas Ginger & Rosa is a quiet, slow film that forces us to soak in the depth of life's mundane moments, Violet & Daisy is somewhat the opposite--the overall arc is slow moving, because the majority of the film takes place in a single day, but the editing, dialogue, and direction make this film fast-paced. Some may argue this film is light on character development, but I'd say that was intentional. The character development is in the little things--the symbolism, the quiet moments, the mis-en-scene. The first two thirds are great, but it's in the last third of the movie when things really take off performance-wise, and you realize that this film was woefully under-appreciated by critics. And yes, the performances are what redeemed this movie. But even if the performances were crappy, the direction and cinematography alone make it worth watching. Every shot is carefully planned. There's a lot of balance and symmetry throughout, and whenever there isn't any, that's when we get deeper insights into who Violet and Daisy are as individuals. I suppose I'm somewhat easy to please, but each time I watch this movie, I find something new to think about. If you're looking for a movie that's packed with action and has a complicated storyline, you won't find it here. But if you enjoy character studies, the colors blue and red, and songs from the 1970s, gives this a shot. (Pun intended.)
August 29, 2014
It's not a bad stage play script for the big screen, although fairly low key. The story of redemption through an unlikely friendship for two assassins never really gets going and the fact that it's two very unconvincing performances for what are supposed to be a deadly teenage duo really affects the film's perception. It can feel like a kids film in places in its tone.