What's Up, Doc? Reviews

• Mar 15, 2021

An old-fashioned screwball comedy with a ridiculous cast of characters. Madeleine Kahn, as usual, stands out with her fully-fleshed (no pun intended) character, Eunice, who suffers her ditzy fiance Harold until he is enticed away by Judy, who trails mayhem and confusion in her wake. Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neill, as the main characters, have surprising chemistry and great comic timing, abetted by standout actors Austin Pendleton, Kenneth Mars, Mabel Albertson, Michael Murphy, and Sorrell Brooke. My favorite 1970s comedy.

• Dec 22, 2020

The stupidest movie I have ever seen. Save your time.

The stupidest movie I have ever seen. Save your time.

• Oct 03, 2020

Must've seen this first time 20 odd years ago and only recently re-discovered it -- bit slapstick but none the worse for that -- Steisand at her comedy best

• Sep 28, 2020

I'd never seen this before so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was glad that it made me laugh. Not the best movie I've ever seen and IMO, not Barbara's best work. However, she and Ryan O'Neil made a great team. The ending is an absolute classic!! Hilarious!

• Jul 29, 2020

One of my favorite comedies. Peter Bogdanovich was at his best. A great homage to 1930s comedies. Kenneth Mars and Madeline Kahn are SO funny! The plaid suitcases!

• Jul 16, 2020

It's probably unfair that I liked it 12 times when I saw it before I was 12 years old. Forty-five years later, it was just too silly to even be zany. Streisand saves it and Madeline Kahn shows why she will be a comedic force for years to come. Otherwise, Bogdanovich's luster was already wearing off in this one.

• May 01, 2020

A lighthearted romantic comedy that asks the question "Am I happy making safe choices?". Barbara Streisand is charming as the whitty Judy Maxwell and Ryan O'Neal is believable as the stressed out, anxiety riddled Howard

• Apr 05, 2020

In my opinion this is a funny as it gets. top 10 all time comedy

In my opinion this is a funny as it gets. top 10 all time comedy

• Feb 02, 2020

A true hidden gem in today's world of big budget blockbusters, this film needs to be brought to a wider audience. It's a rare comedy that marries razor sharp wit with the dumbest of slapstick. The screwball mania that ensues is a sight to behold! It's complete and utter chaos by the third act, and demands to be witnessed by anyone who is interested in comedy.

• Nov 18, 2019

Streisand at her best but rest was a bad sitcom ...

Streisand at her best but rest was a bad sitcom ...