White House Down Reviews

• 2d ago

Autistic Little brother of Olympus has fallen. That's the best way to describe this movie

• 5d ago

Fast action, cool special effects. But the director should have down better with such a cast. The story is cool but the editor left a few to many holes in the story line. Its as if he was told go action stay action even when the film was begging to go else were.

• Aug 13, 2019

White House Down falls short of Olympus Has Fallen. Pale acting and choppy editing are what you do NOT do when making a movie.

• Jul 25, 2019

I personally think that white house down is one of the finest action movies that created

• Jul 17, 2019

Olympus Has Fallen is automatically better. It had better performances, more tense action sequences and a darker tone that really gave room for catharsis when Gerard Butler was going around killing bad guys. This might also be Die Hard in the White House but it also has a more Roland Emmerich feel to it. The destruction is nice and all, the action's okay and Channing Tatum & Jamie Foxx work well off each other but the White House attack is essentially business as usual much like with the aliens in Independence Day, the action sequences are painfully one-sided early on unlike in Olympus Has Fallen where although they were fighting a losing battle, the good guys did take down some of the henchmen and henchwomen with them. Here, the mercenaries and terrorists slaughter the good guys before they even have chances to draw guns without even coming across that one person who actually manages to put up a fight. And the movie's a cliche storm with narmy moments. From a flag waving near the end to the "reveal" that...James Woods is IN LEAGUE WITH THE VILLAINS?! I never would have seen that coming if he didn't already play Hades in Disney's Hercules and the general from that sci-fi flick masquerading as a Final Fantasy movie. In case you didn't get the point, I don't like this movie. True, I'm not a fan of the Roland Emmerich movies that aren't Independence Day or, to a lesser extent, 2012 (no comment on Stargate at the moment) but this feels more like those mockbusters that The Asylum makes, albeit with higher production values than a full-fledged action thriller. Olympus Has Fallen got two sequels and this one didn't. I wonder why?

• Jul 14, 2019

Its better than its competition in olympus has fallen.

Its better than its competition in olympus has fallen.

• Apr 21, 2019

Hands down entertaining!

Hands down entertaining!

• Mar 07, 2019

Enjoyable film. Watched it a few times.

Enjoyable film. Watched it a few times.

• Feb 19, 2019

Amazing movie, a lot of action, cool actors, best action movie I have seen!!!!

Amazing movie, a lot of action, cool actors, best action movie I have seen!!!!

• Jan 31, 2019

I can see the influence of Die Hard and Independence Day and there is certainly lots of action,but unfortunately the action becomes way to silly and unbelievable by the end.