Yardie Reviews

• Oct 10, 2019

It's deeply flawed narratively.

It's deeply flawed narratively.

• Sep 28, 2019

This is flamboyant, colourful stuff. It's style over substance, with little social or political context. You need a major pinch of salt, as thugs roam the streets with guns and machetes. And there's not a strong female character to be seen. With the humour and violence sit uncomfortably together. So the film doesn't work, but for all that is an entertaining ride.

• Aug 30, 2019

Great directorial debut from Idris Elba.

Great directorial debut from Idris Elba.

• Jul 23, 2019

A somewhat boring and long drawn out effort.

A somewhat boring and long drawn out effort.

• Jul 17, 2019

Pretty decent considering that it's Idre's directorial debute. Not as good as "Shottas", but it's worth checking out.

• Jun 12, 2019

Classic. Yardie defines a regional mentality. Left me weeping for days. So beautiful.

• May 08, 2019

Honestly, ignore all the arty farty middle class critic reviews. This is a really engaging film and Aml Ameen is so good in it. This film deserves a higher rating. It made me think and feel. One of the best films I've seen this year.

• Mar 21, 2019

A well done film, but all in subtitles.

A well done film, but all in subtitles.

• Mar 18, 2019

Yardie was :fire: it had a very realistic story for the time period and the plot was solid

• Mar 17, 2019

Ignore the lukewarm reviews. Yardie is an authentic slice of JA life at home & in East London, with all its inherent drama, stylistic posturing, and keen humor. A worthy successor to The Harder They Come. And the music!