Black Lightning: Season 3 Reviews

• 3d ago

Honestly the best season by far. Amazing villain choices in Agent Odell and Gravedigger as well as great storylines involving Painkiller and the setup of the Outsiders. Amazing action scenes and CGI and easily one of the best CW shows as of now.

• May 11, 2020

This is a great show. I was particularly impressed with the growth of the character Khalil through the 3 seasons. Jordan has done an amazing job!

• Apr 04, 2020

Great family chemistry, I love Jefferson and Lynn's relationship(which is saying much because arrow verse couples feel kind of forced half the time). Gavedigger is dope. Painkiller could wear less black ninja and more comando super soldier clothes. And the powers for days. Lightning was Awsome but could learn some chill with Geo. She's a little to murder happy. Jenifer is great, I relate to her the most.

• Mar 29, 2020

Tedious and bloated. Could have been much better if it was faster paced. Much of the dialogue is banal and pointlessly argumentative.

• Mar 27, 2020

The background music is so annoying. It doesn't even fit on the scene. I wish there could be another actor for the lead character of Black Lighting.

• Mar 20, 2020

I think this show only flies under the radar because the CW is terrible at marketing it. But this show is really something special. for some reason the audience gave the show kind of a crappy score but it deserves so much more than that . I think that it does fall flat or boring in certain areas especially at the beginnings of seasons when its building up but so many shows do. But I think they've been going big and epic and the stories have been fantastic the characters have been great, the stakes have been high and unexpected. It's engagement with some of the best villains/antagonist (I love to hate tobias whale!) and has been doing a great job of challenging government agencies, plots about racist cults, talking about subjects that hadn't been broached on TV enough and using fiction to make parallels to very real things that have happened in history such as the Tuskegee experiments. I think the characters have a lot of depth and realness to them. The action and fight scene are so well done! 9/10 this show is highly reccomended. I also never write reviews but I just want this show to keep going.

• Mar 04, 2020

How is these 100% ??? omg

How is these 100% ??? omg

• Mar 02, 2020

Great characters, great storylines, heavy themes, and one of the only superhero shows that deals with race on this level.

• Feb 25, 2020

Great idea, great actors, but weak narrative.

Great idea, great actors, but weak narrative.

• Feb 24, 2020

A wonderful and much needed addition to the DC universe on CW!

A wonderful and much needed addition to the DC universe on CW!