Blood of Zeus: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

I was confused for pretty much the whole thing, I understood the premise but the storytelling wasn't too great. Also not really an anime as such, far too western and cartoonish to be. The concept is great! It's just not executed very well.

• 1d ago

Nice break from everything else that's currently out there..

Nice break from everything else that's currently out there..

• 3d ago

Amazing it's so good I loved that it wasn't watered down and westernized like a lot of mythology is. Every single character had accurate skin tone for Ancient Greece and Apollo's bisexuality wasn't cut which is the first time I've EVER seen. Cant wait for season 2!!!

• 6d ago

Overall a nice story. I love American anime.

Overall a nice story. I love American anime.

• 6d ago

It's one of the best epic things I've seen in years. And the music composition is amazing.

• Nov 19, 2020

A fresh new take on Greek mythological. I feel those who appreciate mythology would love this series. You should not compare it to Castlevania because the Blood of Zeus for one is a different genre and a different anime. The first season is just a set up for an more interesting second season if it gets renewed. But like all good shows or anime that's how it goes starts of slow then the excitement rises as you get attached to characters.

• Nov 18, 2020

Greek mythology + anime? Yes please! I really hope we get a season 2. This was a great show.

• Nov 17, 2020

Blood of Zeus not only has a good story arch, it is also quite simply visually immaculate. The artistry and animation grip you as much as the storyline itself. Even if you're not a fan of Anime or animated television series, I'd highly recommend giving Blood of Zeus a watch. You won't regret it!

• Nov 17, 2020

The animation was incredible, the plot dynamics were overall amazing. I recommend if you are into greek mythology or just animation series. Hoping for a season 2!

• Nov 17, 2020

I have been frustrated by years with the versions of Greek mythology I see in movies and series. So, when Netflix announced this show, I told myself it would be just one more show. I still watched it, and I do not regret it! Blood of Zeus is a perfect show for anyone who wants to be introduced to the mythological world. The plot uses some cliches (but of course they use it, most of our cliches are based on the Greek myths, right?) that builds a very good narrative; these cliches were used through a new lens so even so you will not be frustrated with the journey and the outcome. Another thing I need to emphasize about this show is their commitment to the mythology itself. The show is deeply concerned with these details; there is a scene (spoiler alert) where Hermes is taking the soul of the deads to Hades; then we go he moving through the ocean to get into the underworld. That's how works in the original Greek mythology, to get into Hades you must cross the big river (the ocean) to the West. There are many more details that make this series so rich, I will leave them for you to discover as you watch it.