Designated Survivor: Season 3 Reviews

• Jul 06, 2021

The moment they claimed the United States were started as a slave colony is when I lost all desire to watch lies to pander to the left.

• May 24, 2021

Nothing more to say, season 3 ruined the series with a hidden political agenda that left no more room for neutrality or disruptive solutions to problems. It was a clear option, but at least they could have made an easier transition explaining the changes in cast on the first episode...

• May 16, 2021

The first season was very good; The second season was good; The third season was fucking boring and hard watching.

• Apr 12, 2021

Season 1 and 2 were average but season 3 is the worst of them all. The characters started swearing and using more vulgar language, too much sex scenes, I mean season 3 alone has more sex scenes and naked people than season 1 and 2 combined, like it comes off as forced especially when season 1 and 2 did not focus on that. The best part about the show was Hannah wells. The president should've been supporting cast not the main cast. Then there was the blatant ignorance in all seasons about other countries and nations and how they were portrayed. It's as if only white writers wrote this and they didn't have diversity in the writers room.

• Apr 11, 2021

Terrible, left wing propaganda

Terrible, left wing propaganda

• Mar 17, 2021

The 3rd season is not at all like season 1 and 2... it is now all about silly relationships drama, no more mystery or intelligent conversations. Disappointing.

• Mar 17, 2021

Designated Survivor season 3 is blighted with 4 issues that make it a weaker season than its predecessors. Simply put they are: Woke agenda. Language is very coarse. Missing and new characters. Shorter season. My issue with the agenda that it's pushes is that it doesn't drive the plot. Come to think of it there are a few things besides that that have no business being in the show. So the 2 big stories are the election and a genetically engineered plague. I'm sure White House staff are as sweary as the rest of us but this comes out of the blue for a show where there was little or no profanity before. It jars with the characters we've got to know in the previous seasons. This comes back to the woke agenda as that also jars with how we've seen Sutherland's president operate. He's moved left of the centre ground that he is supposed to hold. Moreover we are left with the unedifying spectacle of is he a good guy or just another politician at the very end. Again it's not a natural evolution of his character. The new characters are a mixed bag of wokeism and actually useful to the plot. The transgender sister in law is pointless. The media guy is given some token plot points but he's there to ensure there is a gay character. He behaves in an egregious way and the other guy apologises. The campaign strategist and Dr are new characters that are necessary given the storylines. However, questions about previous characters that are missing eg The president's brother, remain unanswered. It's just accepted that they are not there nor are they mentioned again. It's a very different show. The shorter season short changes us. There are too many unanswered questions and side plots that are brought up but never answered. The terrorist plot line is made out to be some great terror but at no point do we ever think that the plot will succeed once we know what it is. To be blunt the ending is an anticlimax. It's like they thought should we make more or not? And decided not to. In all fairness the cast do a pretty decent job. Sutherland and Maggie Q are the standouts but the VP, spokesman, CoS and Emily are all good. They hold the show together. I'm torn about the campaign manager and President Moss. Both actors play the part well but the parts themselves are like that of a pantomime villains. In short a preachy lame duck season almost held together by a strong cast.

• Mar 06, 2021

Overall, this season 3 was completely disappointing. Everything about it was just terrible. Several main characters got removed with no explanation whatsoever. The entire season felt like another attempt at Netflix trying to seem more "woke" and appeal to their younger demographic.

• Feb 21, 2021

Not that it matters now...season 3 was a completely different tv show than the first 2 seasons. Season 3 completely ruined the series!!

• Feb 18, 2021

Nothing more than an empty shell filled with controversial political topics of the moment. A great loss in quality when compared to the previous seasons