Gentleman Jack: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 10, 2021

Simply amazing, can hardly wait for Season 2.

Simply amazing, can hardly wait for Season 2.

• May 17, 2021

A wonderful, top quality period drama about a real British lesbian woman, and a great insight into life in the North, as most period dramas are South-centric. It is so valuable to know Anne Lister existed, and the other characters are fantastic too. I can't wait for series 2.

• Mar 28, 2021

For the time period this was a very unrealistic scenario. Other than Anne Lister trying to seduce women, the storyline is very weak. This woke programming is getting very tedious. I've seen Suranne Jones in much better series. Sally Wainwright productions are going downhill.

• Jan 26, 2021

Amazing show! Perfectly filmed and great characters. Binged the entire season in two days, cannot wait for the next season!!

• Nov 27, 2020

Interesting story of a real woman in those times, as Anne Lister defies the norm by telling the world about female's capability in handling day to day business. Top notch acting, those characters were played effortlessly. Not a fan of the bright color tone | follow us at @uncle.review

• Oct 12, 2020

Suranne Jones is absolutely brilliant in this and carries the series through. There are no bad episodes, the sets and clothing are spot on, i also really like the occasional acknowledgement and look at the camera, a nice touch.

• Aug 30, 2020

True to life story of an accomplished unconventional woman.

True to life story of an accomplished unconventional woman.

• Jun 24, 2020

It did not compel me to watch. Frankly, it was boring. And I love Suranne Jones. (Dr. Foster)

• Jan 25, 2020

The best series since game of thrones great acting and the writing is excellent

The best series since game of thrones great acting and the writing is excellent

• Jan 10, 2020

I haven't identified this closely with a character since reading Jane Eyre in junior high. Such an incredible relief to see a female character whose problems are mostly external, who's not struggling with self-doubt.