Pennyworth: Season 2 Reviews

• May 15, 2021

Best TV show I've seen in years

Best TV show I've seen in years

• May 03, 2021

I found this to be a take if two halves. The first half I found to be quite slow,and I got a bit bored. However, the show does pick up in the second half of the season, with the last two episodes being particularly excellent. There are some issues with the show,such as the poor main villain, however still worth watching if you enjoyed season 1.

• Apr 25, 2021

Movie Rating: 9.5/10

Movie Rating: 9.5/10

• Apr 14, 2021

The way the plot goes was somewhat childish at the last episode. Felt like total dumb. A tuat replacing Lord Harwood, John Salt easily beaten, stormcloud being eaten to stop detonation, Gulliver Troy being like a Mr. Freeze like shitshow. Overall, it's okayish. Sad that the 2nd season feels aweful & dumb, but 1st season was awesome.

• Apr 14, 2021

At times charming and a fun origin theorization of one of the more mysterious and beloved DC supporting characters. But too easily and often goes off the rails, but them steps on the gas and plows into the dirt and then keeps burrowing lower. The line between sarcastic/not taking ones self too seriously...vs ludicrous and un-entertaining is a fine one, and they too often dont just cross it. They cartwheel and dance all over it with preposterous plot devices and horrific character arcs. A blue not quite dead guy who is infused with posion muted by whiskey...and can shoot poison flamethrower blasts from his pores? Seriously? Thats what you call a season finale?!?! Several actors give it their all with such material. But it mostly just fails the reality check testing

• Apr 13, 2021

Needs better politics

Needs better politics

• Mar 14, 2021

The Star Jack Bannon would make an excellent 1960s James Bond ! The series is awesome with a slightly fantasy take on life in Britain and ex SAS Pennyworth's adventures before Gotham. Violence, swearing, not for kids !

• Mar 07, 2021

Where are all the critics? 2 ? only 2 audience reviews? Oh I get it. Its not woke garbage so none of you want to spend your time reviewing it. I completely understand. Well for the rest of you wondering , its pretty good. I mean, its not Gotham but its pretty good. Im not sold on the main character because im really picky about my casting. But he does a good job. The show is worth watching but its not some ground breaking work. I just cant believe no one wants to weigh in on the show. Where are the british reviews? British critics? Oh yeah, they are all woke garbage critics too. Your silence speaks volumes.

• Mar 01, 2021

absolutely underrated .... pennyworth plays like a slightly more gritty and consequential Gotham (from the same writer)... a continuation of this writers awesome talent it feels badder, where the consequences might be greater than Gotham, it has a more serious edge while essentially being a comic book style story and still retaining the excellent sense of "fun" that Gotham had. It focuses immediately on it's plot arc, more than Gothams more varied structure. excellent world detail... we are in a British empire that never fell and is now a futuristic dystopia of sorts, one that retained a rigid monarchy. Apparently the British counterpart of Gotham city. Personally i think the actors are excellent, i think some people dismiss this approach to a protagonist that is often lacking complication (he's a hero, he's no doubt gonna save the day like James Bong etc). Final point, the show is very fun, an ambiguous quality. Often very comic book, exciting, even cheeky.

• Jan 17, 2021

This series is getting better and better. Can't wait for the new episode to release. I'm surprise so little marketing and announcement about these series and I discovered there's a whole first season is published and I don't even heard about it. This is a gem! From the lines, jokes, film score, actors choices, fashion, filming scenery....absolutely loving it! 🍅