Roswell, New Mexico: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 17, 2020

The show is good, but all the negative political puns do nothing but bring the show down. Constantly making remarks against the current administration, the B.S. about no need for a background check for a handgun, no where in this country can you walk right in and walk right out with a gun, especially a handgun. I hear enough political stunt b.s. every where else. would be nice if i could enjoy a tv show with out.

• Aug 05, 2020

It is a poor knockoff of the original that seems to replay the former's storylines.

• Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoy sci-fi. But the subversive political shots this show takes is putird and tiresome. Would be nice if the writers could just write an entertaining and captivating storyline. Smh...terrible.

• Jul 19, 2020

Pilot episode is the basis of the show, Liz getting hurt leads to mysteries and lies being revealed and it makes her question who she can trust. This show is brilliant. I accidentally binge-watched it in one go all through the night, not realising the time. It is about family and friendship and who you are. I didn't think the pilot was that great the first time I watched it (because I've since rewatched the show) but I gave it a chance and oh my, I've found a new favourite. I wish Roswell, New Mexico a long and amazing life, because from the looks of season 1 it is going to have many seasons. It is worth the watch.

• Jul 13, 2020

Absolute garbage. I can watch literally anything no matter how terrible it is because I hate not knowing how something ends. This was my second exception, first was The Hills Have Eyes (disgusting movie). The propaganda is forcefully spoon-fed to you like every 5 minutes it's painful to get through. I finished the first season because I liked the bones of the show, the plot is decent and I love aliens. BUT WHO WROTE THIS GARBAGE?! Can I watch a show without all the bullshit political nonsense? Do those even exist anymore? What the f*** Netflix? I'm so disappointed. I was powering through it until Izzy did a little self induced abortion. When she first found out she was pregnant I thought it was going to be a way for her to look forward to a future with her daughter, someone to genuinely love her and inspire her but NOPE. The pregnancy was literally only included by the writers to make a political statement about abortions. Fantastic. You went too far, not everyone has the same values as you. Get a f***ing grip. Carina Adly McKenzie, you disgust me. Goodbye Roswell, you will not be missed.

• Jun 30, 2020

This show has it all! It's a charming drama with an inclusive cast and so much heart.

• Jun 27, 2020

Fun characters and fun story. Not great, but a well done show. Cant wait for season 2.

• Jun 24, 2020

Absolutely terrible in every way from story lines to acting to political correctness gone mad, then add in gay men 😝 just because. After finished puking with this crap another terrible remake of original great series, who thing just cring worthy.

• Jun 19, 2020

This show is very boring. You'd expect cool action and sci-fi things happening, but it seems to just be a drama show. The plot is very meh.

• May 21, 2020

I enjoyed the original show and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this reboot. I have tried to watch some of the others they have tried, like Charmed and the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina but couldn't get into them, that's not to say they aren't good but to me they don't hold a candle to the originals. That could be because I was more invested in the shows they are based on than I had been in the first Roswell, but it's my opinion that out of the ones I have seen in this genre, Roswell New Mexico did the best job bringing the original concept into a new era. A feat it managed to do without loosing what made the show interesting in the first place and while nicely maintaining the original premise. Furthermore it actually manages to stand on its own as an enjoyable entertaining show in its own right. It doesn't need to be held up by the success of its predecessor, which might have helped it start out but I am confident it can succeed on its own. I'm actually surprised to say I enjoy it more than the original, which is rarely the case in my experience. I'm looking forward to future seasons, of which I hope there will be many.