Shrill: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 19, 2019

The first half was a flashback of my previous relationship. This show is amazing. I cry, laugh and feel empowered. Aidy Bryant doesn't get enough of a chance on SNL to show her range and damn, she is good.

• Oct 24, 2019

It was so good on every level. Acting, writing, direction. Everything!

It was so good on every level. Acting, writing, direction. Everything!

• Aug 29, 2019

Yay for season two. A lovely, endearing show--beautifully cast. Aidy Bryant is a genius.

• Aug 15, 2019

Aidy Bryant does an amazing job as Annie - a brilliant, raw, well thought through character, with a perspective often missing from the media's portrayal of women. A great cast and smart writing. Shrill is tasteful, funny, and entertaining to watch!

• Aug 14, 2019

I pretty much despise feminism, and I have serious reservations about "fat acceptance" too. Once everyone was sexually repressed, but normal sized. Now everyone's sexually liberated and obese. America's pathologies are like squeezing a balloon animal- you squeeze in one place and they bulge out in another. "Acceptance" isn't going to keep you from going blind from diabetes. Anyway, I live in Portland and this show does a pretty good job of capturing some of the vibe here. I think it's politically myopic but it has heart. I kept watching.

• May 31, 2019

Worst nightmare portrayed on the original Hula show Shrill. What the fat chick gets out of love is six months of sex and a day at the abortion clinic. It's totally bad! It's not cool that the bitch is fat and vapid too. Yeah! I can see Shrill is a show for "mature" audiences that should know in the real world hooking up, having casual sex and going to Planned Parenthood to get abortions is absolutely bad and definitely not cool.

• May 23, 2019

If u like this you will probably like Dietland too.

If u like this you will probably like Dietland too.

• May 18, 2019

I love Aidy Bryant. But the end made it stupid as hell.

I love Aidy Bryant. But the end made it stupid as hell.

• Apr 13, 2019

I love the body positivity this show offers, the friendship between Fran and Annie is so real, so glad I binged this, so sad I have to wait for season 2!

• Apr 03, 2019

Non of my friends found it very appealing to watch, neither did I.

Non of my friends found it very appealing to watch, neither did I.