Sweet Magnolias: Season 1 Reviews

• 5h ago

I tried to binge watch it because a friend worked on it, and I was forcing myself to watch until I just couldn't go on. The plot is based on "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" and gets more and more unrealistic the longer it goes on, forcing actors to act completely out of character if it furthers the cringe level of the plot. It feels like someone came up with a plan of action, and then handed it over to under writers to make sure every plot happened, and a lot of the writing just seems lazy. Also many of the characters were just unlikable and attempts to get the audience to care about them fell flat. tldr: I will never try watching this show again and would not recommend.

• 14h ago

A friend suggested watching and after trying to get through the first episode, I have given up. I'm not sure if it's just really bad acting all the way around or if the script is so bad that nothing can be done with it. Yuck.

• 14h ago

I tried very hard to like this show. Many good things to see here. It's just too preachy for me. I'm sure this show is exactly what many people are looking for and they deserve TV shows that speak to them. If you want to speak to me don't preach at me. And by the way, in real life some of those teenagers are far past the hold my hand no tongue kissing stage. But if this is your fantasy about what's going on in high schools, enjoy!

• 15h ago

I thought this show was very great for a Netflix Original with a mainly B-List led cast! The characters are completely relatable and the writing allows thew viewer to constantly want to know what happens next. Ultimately, I think this show has the potential to stay on Netflix for a few more seasons. I hope you give it a watch and enjoy 😊

• 16h ago

I will be completely honest; I went into this show wanting something light and something with a touch of Southern charm. Did it deliver on some of those fronts? -- sure. Overall though, this show is simply not good. From a technical standpoint, it has many problems. It introduces characters here and there without any backstory. We are supposed to care about so many people without much context, and let's not forget the absolutely cringe-worthy dialogue. I gave it 3 starts because it was a fine way to pass the time, but don't watch it because you genuinely think it's quality TV.

• 19h ago

Watched just to pass time but after so many great episodes on tv and online, you'd think they would make even a "feel good" show that's not as brain dead as this. Like, c'mon, you dropped some books in the hallway and your guy just happens to be there to save a damsel in distress? A lot of corny, cringe-worthy, predictable scenes. This is 2020 not the early OC days.

• 1d ago

I absolutely love this show!

I absolutely love this show!

• 1d ago

I loved this show! It is nice to find something to watch that isn't so vulgar. This sweet show pulls you in and makes you care about each character and leaves you wanting to know what's happening in their lives. I really hope there will be a Season 2 because there were just too many unanswered questions at the end of Season 1.

• 2d ago

I feel bad for these actors. Dullest storyline and fake southern platitudes. Basically it's pandering. Do yourself a favor and pass on this. It's for the Karens.

• 2d ago

The ending was what really brought the show together, it was a great Lowkey show but it lacked adventure and thrill so the ending is what really set up the wow factor for the next season. My only issue with the show is the lack of diversity, we've all seen this play out before, small town filled with white people and only around 10 poc that were added in to make the main character look good. Do better, we're all tired of trying to relate to rich, white, divorced women. Other than that, the show was lovely, it made me gain enemies(the father in the show) but it also displayed the importance of friendship.