The Legend of Korra: Book Four - Balance Reviews

• Feb 06, 2021

THE LEGEND OF KORRA season 4 doesn't change what's not broken and in this series, that works well.

• Feb 02, 2021

This particular season was okay, not as good as the first and third. I would have still given it 3.5-4 stars were it not for the "surprise" at the very end of the series where the directors obviously wanted to make a political statement about sexuality. Don't preach at your audience, just produce content.

• Jan 03, 2021

A good way to continue the legacy of Aang, Korra is a very complicated character you will love it or hate it. But the way this series continues to expanding the avatar universe is pretty good.

• Dec 08, 2020

Started off with so much promise but ended up falling victim to trope after trope, cliche after cliche, etc. It ended up being so predictable that by season 4 I could tell how every fight, conflict, romance, friendship and other interaction would end, including all the "surprises" and "gotchas" that the writers think haven't been done 10,000 times. "Oh watch, she's gonna dodge… surprise, she dodged! Oh, but there's gonna be a surprise attack from the side that she doesn't see coming… there it is! Oh, she looks like she's out. $20 she gets back up for one last counter-attack before the enemy puts her in some sort of hold and she gives up. And there's the counter, there's the hold, and… she gives up!" Seriously boring AF. No development. No intelligence or critical thought. No redemption. No good.

• Nov 23, 2020

All the sides characters regress, and Korra is still a mary sue. She quickly got over her trauma. Everything is done for plot reasons.

• Nov 14, 2020

The Legend of Korra: Book Four - Balance ends the Avatar series with a very good and satisfying finale, although the rest of the season feels a little slow.

• Oct 14, 2020

While it boils down to some of the most silly sci-fi/fantasy tropes out there, "Korra" Book 4 is an emotionally satisfying send-off for this sequel series; summing it up with not the tightest season, no question, but as a rightfully thought-provoking tale in reaching adulthood, for certain.

• Oct 04, 2020

This season barely gets away with its 4 stars. If not for making Korra an actually interesting character, this would have been a 3.5 out of 5. This season of Korra is the 2nd weakest. Not as bad as the awful Book 2, but not quite on the level as Air and Change. The episode selection is actually quite good overall. Korra Alone is my favorite episode in the show (even though Zuko Alone is leagues better). Giving Korra an actual arc and challenge to overcome. The other character people like is Kuvira. Most think she is really good, but I can't help but feel like she has two personalities. Sometimes, she is very diplomatic and smart, just like Amon. She has one of my favorite lines in the entire show, "Use whatever you want, all four elements, the avatar state, I know you're a little rusty". This refers to Korra. Sadly, she also has this one-dimensional side where she talks down to people like a football player or presidential candidate. This like if Ozai didn't sound menacing. If Kuvira never acted like this, she would be pretty good. The only other characters that really develop are Varrick and Prince Wu. Prince Wu is new in Book 4, but he's somehow the most nuanced character in the entire show. Characters were never a strong suit in the Legend of Korra. There are too many for good focus. An example is when Opal (who looks way too much like Korra in this season) asks how Kai and Jinora's relationship is going. Kai says things are good, but they never speak another word to each other in the entire show. Fortunately, this season does not have too many subplots that are uninteresting and sometimes they even add to the main story. Unfortunately, the main story is the worst in either Avatar show, including Vaatu's plot. The whole thing is Kuvira trying to conquer two cities with a laser powered by spirit vines. The final battle has its moments, but is mostly just a giant super battle droid walking. The last 5 minutes of the season are very good, giving some characters satisfying conclusions. That said, some characters have unsatisfying endings. For example, many people thought Mako would die while using lightning. I personally hoped he would. This would not only add some sacrifice and darkness to the table, but also make me cry tears of joy. He is kind of a moron. There is a clip show episode that everyone hates, but I thought parts of it were funny. There is this one scene that is so terrible that I laughed. There is simply too much to talk about with this season because everything bad about Korra is fixed here and everything good about the show is strangely made worse. Long story short, the main plot is not engaging, but the action, subplots, and main characters are far more compelling and entertaining than usual. I consider this to be very good television, but not really great.

• Sep 02, 2020

i really like this show and you must watch it it is very good

i really like this show and you must watch it it is very good

• Sep 01, 2020

This season was ridiculous, made very little sense in the universe, and had no character growth of any kind. It was another villain of the week season, but the villain of the week was an army of horribly animated 3D mechs. The final battle was with a Gundam. Absolutely terrible.