World's Greatest Dad Reviews

• Jun 10, 2020

This is a relatably timely film for right now. Sharply written and insightful (even if I've picked up on similar observations of ridiculous post-death celebrity status and the cynical realization that people seem to like you more when you're dead) but there's surprising amounts of nuance in this weird cross of B-tier BoJack Horseman and 13 Reasons Why that the film draws ample comedy, drama, and satire from. Know that it goes dark and questionable places and seems to run out of steam before reaching the third act. It's really sad how this movie ironically deals with the tragic fate of real-celebrity-suicide Robin Williams, which makes it all the more brutal and heartbreaking. There's definitely something here, even if it's flawed. 7.75/10.

• Jun 10, 2020

Soooo dark I wish I knew robin had this range when he was still alive . I knew he had one hour photo but I didn’t know he had this dark comedy in his . Not a laugh out loud dark comedy but there is a ton of depth to the good jokes in the movie and that’s what makes it worth while . It’s the type of movie you can’t really quote, but in the context of the film it works perfect 3.5

• May 20, 2020

By far, Robin Williams worst movie.

By far, Robin Williams worst movie.

• Apr 23, 2020

strange. dark. funny. dumb. entertaining.

strange. dark. funny. dumb. entertaining.

• Apr 13, 2020

Really didn't expect to like this one as much as I did. The humor is subtle in some places. It's dark. It's an honest portrayal of how people like to make tragedies all about themselves. And how being a loner or having a limited circle of friends is not necessarily a bad thing.

• Sep 23, 2019

Robin Williams is good. But the plot isn't

Robin Williams is good. But the plot isn't

• Sep 13, 2019

Ok I get the beginning, but the end made really no sense.....why?

Ok I get the beginning, but the end made really no sense.....why?

• Jul 27, 2019

Very dark & morbid yet hilarious RIP Robin Williams.

Very dark & morbid yet hilarious RIP Robin Williams.

• Mar 15, 2019

Robin Williams was not originally supposed to have the lead role but after reading the script he took the lead role and rightfully so because he does a wonderful performance. It is a very dark comedy that will shock you when you first see it because the freak accident in mind is totally unexpected. Bobcat Goldthwait wrote a really good script and it was clear he wanted a dark comedy that will shock you. Bobcat Goldthwait has changed his image from Zed in Police Academy to writing a dark and yet shocking comedy.

• Oct 25, 2018

I'm not really a movie person, I hate going to the cinema and all the actors look exactly the same. But I do leave pluto.tv on for some background noise while I'm working, and this movie came on. And I stopped working and got really caught up in it. It's the second Bobcat Goldthwait movie that caught me offguard with how perfect it was, how many little details there were to mull over, how many little things could be misunderstood if they aren't examined and make you understand how the characters hit so many misunderstandings by not looking carefully. I'm not a movie critic or an expert on anything to do with entertainment and media, but the end scene with robin williams leaving the auditorium to queen's Under Pressure, his expressions and everything he did, was just such a perfect ending to such a wild movie. His son's annoying behavior, the fact that his girlfriend couldn't be bothered to support him through a tragedy, the way that no one cared what he was going through until they had some way to relate it to themselves, to make it about themselves was the only way they could care about another person, that was perfect. I think of this movie like a grown up and realistic version of donnie darko.