31 Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

"31" is grossly underrated. The character "Doomhead" makes Heath Ledger's "Joker" look like a flaccid wimp, and that's saying a lot imo. Bring out the popcorn and give this flick a chance.

• Aug 08, 2019

Just sloppy garbage that hurts my eyes and ears. Laughable story, acting and editing,

• Jul 09, 2019

Visually compelling with some interesting bits of dialog showing both Zombie's clear talent and inability to focus it

• Jan 03, 2019

Like a 70s fun house that's filled with the worst psycho killers you could think up. And all a game being played by some old white people to see if any of the folks entering the fun house can survive. Rob Zombie for sure....

• Dec 18, 2018

I Liked the costumes and the acting but parts were kind boring

I Liked the costumes and the acting but parts were kind boring

• Oct 31, 2018

Full of clichés but worse, don't even give a try just walk away from this film

Full of clichés but worse, don't even give a try just walk away from this film

• Oct 23, 2018

Rob Zombie logra crear una historia bien construida pero sin real contenido y es que 31 tiene todo lo que conocemos de su filmografia pero por mucho no tiene nada que contar realmente interesante, sus actuaciones son muy interesante y su estetica es bastante aceptable, mas alla no cuenta nada que sea interesante.

• Oct 17, 2018

Great seasonal movie to get into the ghoul vibes.

Great seasonal movie to get into the ghoul vibes.

• Oct 07, 2018

My new favorite rob zombie film

My new favorite rob zombie film

• Jul 29, 2018

"31" has all the elements of a gore-fest classic: great direction from veteran of the genre, Rob Zombie; the most solid performance from Richard Brake in his entire career; a script full of low-budget gags that are executed expertly to reveal maximum carnage without looking comically bad. The film has all of the elements of an epic horror film but somehow misses the mark. The script includes the requisite sexual innuendos, foul language and gritty atmosphere that we have come to expect from the Zombie brand. It isn't until the halfway mark, however, that "31" starts the buy-in from the audience. The small band of unsympathetic carnival workers are wholly disposable throughout the first act. When we see the characters show empathy for others we begin to see their humanity and root for their survival. The industrial/circus settings couple well with gonzo-style camera work to throw viewers off balance. Much can be forgiven of "31" by fans of gore. The groan-inducing one-liners of the killers are just clever enough that they could be uttered by some emo-teen-gone-wrong; the carelessness of some of the characters during the kill scenes also lends credence to some sticky plot points - namely, how such a group of psychopaths could have found each other at all. Overall, "31" delivers as promised despite a less-than-epic script. It could have been more, but in the end, it's not too bad at all. A true cult classic.