42 Reviews

• Nov 20, 2020

I'm surprised that we haven't had a Jackie Robinson film before this iteration given his importance to American culture and race relations. So, there's a lot of potential there. That said, this was largely Oscar bait in its design, a lot of "you better treat him like everyone else" and the like. Chadwick Boseman was clearly the shining light of the movie, delivering a performance with heart and emotion when it was necessary, though the script was not terribly helpful. All in all, kind of hokey in its ultimate delivery, but not a bad film. (2.5/5)

• Nov 19, 2020

I really love this movie. It was a true story about Jackie Robinson became the first black player to play for Major League Baseball. This movie affects me a lot that I get to know Jackie Robinson better. #legend

• Oct 09, 2020

What a great story but what a hard life. I admire his resilience.

What a great story but what a hard life. I admire his resilience.

• Sep 22, 2020

one of the best performance by lead actor in a great way to tell the story of a great ball player!

• Ingrid P
    Sep 15, 2020

excellent, kept you on your edge of your seat the whole time.

excellent, kept you on your edge of your seat the whole time.

• Sep 13, 2020

One of the better baseball movies I've ever seen, Ford's portrayal of Branch Rickey is phenomenal, and Boseman's (RIP) portrayal of Robinson is uncanny. Overall just a great movie.

• Sep 13, 2020

Personal, poignant and with a stellar cast; this gem of cinema captures the mood of the times when Afro-American vets came back to a society that did not treat them with the respect they deserved. The dialogue is not muzzled: it is brutally true to the language used in the US during the middle of the 20th century. It makes clear, again, painfully; that the military and sports have been the wedges of change in our historically polarized society.

• Dennis Ray
    Sep 12, 2020

Incredible movie, acting Excellent and a story we should never forget . highly recommend it.

• Eva