50/50 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

50/50 Reviews

½ January 13, 2017
It's hard to do a good cancer movie, let alone one that is funny and authentic. One of the reasons for that authenticity is the writer, Wil Reiser had cancer so it's based on a true story. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen have incredible chemistry and the supporting cast is real and believable. This is the perfect film for Rogan as his awkward humor fits well. This is lovely and fun and how often can you say that about a cancer movie? Final Score: 8.9/10
January 11, 2017
I thought a movie about any humor while battling cancer could be a seriously tasteless flop, but it's the exact opposite. It's one of those life goes on no matter what stories that resonates with most anyone. The acting is superb, and I really rooted for the good guys (and gals) in this story. And the front porch scene between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bryce Dallas Howard is classic, as is the telephone call between him and Anna Kendrick. Brilliantly done.
January 4, 2017
Its never easy, you really can't talk too much about this subject matter. This movie does however bring to light some of the issues and offers some interesting perspectives in the journey of a person battling cancer, and I believe that since the movie brings awareness and is well done it can definitely be reccomended.
½ January 2, 2017
Good watch, balance of humour just right
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 25, 2016
? ????? ?????? ??? ?????????.
½ December 9, 2016
I was in the mood to cry and JGL made me cry. I was in the mood to laugh and Seth Rogen made me laugh. His annoying character isn't too annoying this time. Noteworthy to mention Anjelica Huston and Anna Kendrick as well.
December 9, 2016
One of the most beautiful movies in a long time. Goes from humor to emotions with finesse and tells a story that resonates with humanity.
October 31, 2016
10/10, happy and sad all in one mixture of emotions.
October 27, 2016
The best movie I've ever seen, my favourite movie. Amazing
½ September 20, 2016
As a fan of Joseph gordon Levitt and Seth Rogen this movie was amazing
September 20, 2016
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen. Dream. Come. True :3
½ September 19, 2016
An unexpected chemistry between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen keeps the movie on a wave of delighting humor.
½ September 19, 2016
Honest ad Genuine, 50/50 is a rom-com based on an unconfortable topic that strikes right in the heart. An unexpected chemistry between Joseph Gordon-Levitt ad Seth Rogen keeps the movie on a wave of delighting humor.
½ September 13, 2016
This film is a sincere yet humorous take on the rough topic of cancer, and by extension, death. Joseph Gordon Leavitt and Seth Rogen are hilarious as the main characters, and Anna Kendrick does a good job playing the part of an inexperienced but well-meaning social worker. There is an abundance of profanity, so be aware of that if that bothers you. But otherwise, I would consider it quite a "feel-good" movie
September 13, 2016
It's not funny. It feels really long. But the pacing is still fine, it just feels long, not slow. Seth Rogen is fine, but not much different from his other characters, he was just written to be a little more toned down. Joseph Gordon Levitt was really good! It's not bad, but it's not great, and I don't think it deserves the rating it has on here. I was expecting better from director Jonathan Levine, who did The Night Before which I love, and has done other things that I have heard are good!
½ September 3, 2016
It offers a real take on fighting cancer with well-developed characters and a plot that doesn't try to be too joyful.
½ August 21, 2016
I hadn't seen this movie until yesterday and yes that's a shame. Absolutely loved it from the beginning till the end. Comedy and bit drama, good acting. Everyone should see this film. Think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my new favorite actor. Can't wait for new movies with this guy. Also Anna Kendrick and Seth Rogen did a great job!
August 20, 2016
Very funny, very sad, and very heart warming. I went through all of the key emotions for me to know that this is a fantastic film. The casting was good and also the story is original. Go see this movie.
August 16, 2016
Trazendo um elenco em forma impecável e uma trilha sonora popular e envolvente (Bee Gees, Pearl Jam...), o terno "50%" equilibra momentos de um humor cuidadoso com cenas mais dramáticas, culminando em um final emocionante. Bom Demais!