50/50 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

50/50 Reviews

October 31, 2016
10/10, happy and sad all in one mixture of emotions.
October 27, 2016
The best movie I've ever seen, my favourite movie. Amazing
½ September 20, 2016
As a fan of Joseph gordon Levitt and Seth Rogen this movie was amazing
September 20, 2016
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen. Dream. Come. True :3
½ September 19, 2016
An unexpected chemistry between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen keeps the movie on a wave of delighting humor.
½ September 19, 2016
Honest ad Genuine, 50/50 is a rom-com based on an unconfortable topic that strikes right in the heart. An unexpected chemistry between Joseph Gordon-Levitt ad Seth Rogen keeps the movie on a wave of delighting humor.
½ September 13, 2016
This film is a sincere yet humorous take on the rough topic of cancer, and by extension, death. Joseph Gordon Leavitt and Seth Rogen are hilarious as the main characters, and Anna Kendrick does a good job playing the part of an inexperienced but well-meaning social worker. There is an abundance of profanity, so be aware of that if that bothers you. But otherwise, I would consider it quite a "feel-good" movie
September 13, 2016
It's not funny. It feels really long. But the pacing is still fine, it just feels long, not slow. Seth Rogen is fine, but not much different from his other characters, he was just written to be a little more toned down. Joseph Gordon Levitt was really good! It's not bad, but it's not great, and I don't think it deserves the rating it has on here. I was expecting better from director Jonathan Levine, who did The Night Before which I love, and has done other things that I have heard are good!
½ September 3, 2016
It offers a real take on fighting cancer with well-developed characters and a plot that doesn't try to be too joyful.
½ August 21, 2016
I hadn't seen this movie until yesterday and yes that's a shame. Absolutely loved it from the beginning till the end. Comedy and bit drama, good acting. Everyone should see this film. Think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my new favorite actor. Can't wait for new movies with this guy. Also Anna Kendrick and Seth Rogen did a great job!
August 20, 2016
Very funny, very sad, and very heart warming. I went through all of the key emotions for me to know that this is a fantastic film. The casting was good and also the story is original. Go see this movie.
August 16, 2016
Trazendo um elenco em forma impecável e uma trilha sonora popular e envolvente (Bee Gees, Pearl Jam...), o terno "50%" equilibra momentos de um humor cuidadoso com cenas mais dramáticas, culminando em um final emocionante. Bom Demais!
August 15, 2016
touching. makes me want to be a doctor
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
An amazing emotional story that had me nearly crying a few times i'm not ashamed to admit it as the acting was some of the best I've ever seen and Seth Rogan provides just the right amount of comedy to take the edge off, Joseph really does well in showing the emotions what he goes through, Don't expect a funny film it's not but it's got the perfect blend to make most people enjoy it, Loved it and a must see.
July 22, 2016
***
It has likeable characters and some good jokes, which in itself is quite a feat in a comedy about cancer, but '50/50' doesn't always hit.
July 14, 2016
Some funny moments and overall a light hearted, entertaining film. Not very rewarding movie overall though.
July 12, 2016
50/50 is not a comedy, it is a heartfelt movie about the struggle a friend has to go through when fighting cancer at a difficult time.
½ July 7, 2016
55%
Saw this on 25/7/15
We live in a time when the word cliche itself has become a cliche and on it's light I would like to say that 50/50 is the most cliched film I have seen in the recent times, perhaps after Jurassic World. The film's cliches range from the nauseating sexism of Seth Rogen movies, rom-com cliches and cliches of protagonist suffering from diseases and not to mention parent-child cliches. Anyways, 50/50 does have some touching moments and fine acting from Anna Kendrick and Joseph Gordon-Levitt .
July 5, 2016
The movie handles a very serious and sensitive topic in a light-hearted, funny manner. All of the performances by the actors are really good especially Joesph's and Seth's. The film is just really good, one of my favourites actually.
½ July 2, 2016
A semi-autobiographical account of director Levine that excellently deals with the sensitive topic of cancer by carefully tightroping between comedy and drama. 50/50 never gets too serious or depressing, but never too comical or flippant creating a dramedy that induces tears, laughter, gasps and applause.